Anathema does a preety good copy-paste on some of my fave bands!

Achernar

Ego-Boosted Southlander
Nov 20, 2001
Lvsitania Deluxe
www.perpetualflame.com
I mean, apart from some heavyness, AFDTE is the perfect mix between Radiohead, Porcupine Tree (anyone mentioned the delay on Porcupine's Voice?), some rocker Jeff Buckley. and Vinnie's voice. But who the fuck cares? anathema rulez!

Amen to that!! Great of you to mention Jeff Buckley too! He is among the artists that I worship. You talk about deep feeling, his music abounds with it. Up there on my list with Red House Painters (a band I can't stop mentioning, eh?) and the new gods Daylight Dies. Shameless, I know, but hey, listen to em! Can you blame?

Yep, a shame Anathema have invented so few of their own, original musical tools... But the way they use tools invented by Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley; Anathema's inherent spirituality is incomparable to anything. Anathema are my favourite band, but I do hope they find something more original in the future.

D Mullholand
----------------------------
NP: Peter Hammill - The Silent Corner and the Empty Stage

Well I forgot to mention Pink Floyd, though they only deal with the Waters era. Their live cover of Comfortably numb is awesome! Danny also does some vocals on that song and he really rules on vocals too!

NR: Muse - Origin of Symmetry (great stuff!)

I didn't like origin of symetry as much as showbiz :rolleyes:
azzangel.gif

Hehe, look at this one
muccawhore.gif

i have yet to hear anything that moves me as much as Anathemas music does... of course they will sound like something else: everything does! Anathema have their influences just like all other bands do, but the emotion in their work cannot be and hasn't been copied.

they are Anathema, and not some combination of "sounds".

:bah: plus i don't trust bands who make the big bucks.

:mad: 'scuse the 'tude but i haven't eaten today.

Well if you listen carefully to songs like Porcupine Tree's "I Find That I'm not There" in the album "The Sky Moves Sideways" or the entire Radiohead's "Amnesiac", you may well see my point here! I mean, the vocal delay used in that PT's song is absolutely the same as the one Vinnie uses! But no one here's saying that is bad, in fact, it is great! I'm glad Anathema never get stuck to some stupid metal patterns.

NP: Dodheimsgard - 666 International