Ancient

listening to it... really good! I was tired of the tr00 bm with the bad production and the boring riffs... this band is refreshing!

OOh I love Ancient !
very raw, sounds like they recorded it in a cave... lovely :Spin:
its a great band HL! so cool that you got into them!

btw: I love your signature!
:)

oh, and Hi. long time no see DragonLord forum :loco:

Dead_Lioness said:
btw: I love your signature!
:)

oh, and Hi. long time no see DragonLord forum :loco:

yeah, nice sig, HL!

hi you all. it has been rather dead here for awhile, huh?

well, perhaps things will change. we're gonna work on getting some teaser sound clips up on the site. i know i've said that before, but this time we're gonna do it!

Sound clips would RULE Ms. A. :wave:

Glad to hear the rest of you like Ancient. One of my favorite tracks is track 8 called "The Truth Unveiled". Reminds me alot of Rapture. Moody as fuck with the keyboard and guitar riff, dark song. Plus the vocals sounds SOOO MUCH like Eric's DL singing. Listen to that song and tell me it doesn't sound like Eric on Rapture.

Ancient's older stuff is better; get the "The Cainian Chronicle" if you can find it. I hear they plan to try to tour the US with the "Night Visit" album, that could be a good thing if they bring some other Norwegian acts with them.

Absolutely, the Cainian Chronicle is prettly cool. I originally heard one song on a compliation I bought a few years ago, and was inspired enough to get that CD.

I especially like Lilith's Embrace -- and was wondering HL, if there are any female vocals on their newer stuff...

Speaking of Goss, can anyone tell me about Sinergy, if they're any good?

i love Ancient. i have all of their full-length albums. it was one of the first black metal bands i listened to. you should also get Mad Grandoise Bloodfiends... it's got some good songs on it. really all of their CDs are good.

another good black metal band to check out is Naglfar...get their albums "Sheol" and "Pariah" (Pariah is my favorite by them) because it has so much hate for the human race on it :) i'm listening to Sheol now, though

ancient? oh geez, don't get me started :lol:
my band did a european tour with em last year, supporting illdisposed. lemme just say that illdisposed kick ass both musically and personally, whereas the ancient guys are a) weirdos (except for their bass player who's kinda cool, and their session/tour guitar player but only when he's drunk) and b) suck :lol: the drummer is decent, but don't get me started about the other guys....
and nah, not just my opinion....it's also what the crowd(s) usually thought as well....normally it went like this:
local support acts: club is slowly getting crowded
my band: people stay and watch our show.. (=no comment :D)
ancient: 80% head to the bar, the remaining 20% are either trying to get laid or are diehard black metal freaks
illdisposed: everyone goes nuts (including the boys themselves :lol: )
although this might have been due to the obvious genre differences....most support acts were thrash or melodic death bands, we're playing thrash, illdisposed are playing really groovy death...not many death/thrash fans enjoy tr00 c0lt black metal :rolleyes: