..and I need...

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
Machine gun sounds.

..think 'Where Eagles Dare'.....because that's basically why I am looking for it. :D

If anybody can come up with some, let me know.

EC.

I just tried that site. Founds lots of sounds. However, Half of them I could not download. The ones I did get experienced very, very wierd corruption errors. I could get them, play them in SOME applications...but when trying to import them into N-track, I would get corrupt file errors. Furthermore, I had to jump through hoops to delete them! :mad:

If it works for you, I'd like to know.

Never mind man. I got it to work. I finally got one file I could screw around with enough to get it to work.

This board is my outlet for enthusiasm...so let me endulge myself a moment here and also say Mixing/Post Production work rules!

I was doubting Eagles. I really was. I did not think I could play it well enough to do justice....and my raw recordings kinda reflect that..but oh man! Just wait till you guys hear this one! I am kinda excited about it! :) Post-production work is really helping to shape this one!

Originally posted by rabies
EC.

I just tried that site. Founds lots of sounds. However, Half of them I could not download. The ones I did get experienced very, very wierd corruption errors. I could get them, play them in SOME applications...but when trying to import them into N-track, I would get corrupt file errors. Furthermore, I had to jump through hoops to delete them! :mad:

If it works for you, I'd like to know.

Hey Rabs! :)

Yea, I had used that site to find the bell sounds, etc for "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and most of them worked just fine for me. I had noticed that the sounds are catagorized according to sample rate, file type, etc.

I'd have to take a look at the n-track documentation again, but if I remember correctly, the sounds had to be all 16 bit I think. My memory is kinda fuzzy, but it had to do with the way n-track matches up with your sound card, I think.

Also, I limited my searches to WAV files, so n-track could easily digest them.

Anyway, I don't remember having "corruption" problems, but definitely some sounds worked better than others. :)

Originally posted by rabies
Never mind man. I got it to work. I finally got one file I could screw around with enough to get it to work.

This board is my outlet for enthusiasm...so let me endulge myself a moment here and also say Mixing/Post Production work rules!

I was doubting Eagles. I really was. I did not think I could play it well enough to do justice....and my raw recordings kinda reflect that..but oh man! Just wait till you guys hear this one! I am kinda excited about it! :) Post-production work is really helping to shape this one!

Glad that you got it to work! :)

Can't wait to hear your track Rabs! :)

I've gotten so damned sidetracked anymore, that I'm not sure I'd remember how to mix! :mad: