and now, a short commercial break :

@texasfriedcriminal; @vultureculture: you're flattering a newbie to the german language. tsk tsk... ;)
you know, i'm supposed to start learning that language sooner or later since it's part of my studies. unfortunately i've had just the tiniest hint of what it's all about. apparently, i picked up 'haupt' from somewhere (possibly some gothic, sex-talking, s&m funny german band :) ), but as you can see the actual idiom escapes me completely.
what's the relation between 'überhaupt' and thinking, btw? i still don't get it. :confused:

rahvin. (muttersprache)

find' is abbreviated ->(finden), means to believe, to think.
"überhaupt nicht" means something like "totally not" , "not at all"

so i don't think this at all, ich finde das überhaupt nicht.

überhaupt is an expression that reinforces a statement, adding weight to it.

ie: das glaube ich nicht (I don't believe that) vs. das glaube ich überhaupt nicht (I don't believe that at all).

or: was machst du hier (what are you doing here) vs. was machst du überhaupt hier ( basically the same, but with an edge of unpleasent surprise to find that person here)

than there is "überhaupt und ausserdem" which could be translated as something like "above and beyond all that"

and finally, it can be used to simple express the same meaning as "at all" in english.