... And Oceans

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
I think this Finnish band is great. I would like to hear your opinions on the band, ... everything about them or concerning to them /favourite And Oceans albums, songs, lyrics, concert memories... everything that comes to your mind when you hear the name ...And Oceans

:cool:

great band, one of my favourties. i have all 4 albums, split with Bloodthorn and "Morphogenesis" cd (with demo and live stuff). in short - that's all...

you mean "The Dynamic Gallery Of Thoughts"? i prefer this album than "Symetry Of The I, Circle Of The O", but these both albums are worse than CM era albums. good black metal in the vein Dimmu with finnish, french and english lyrics... i like all ...AO, so i can't tell nothing wrong... buy it...

I only have their first album, which I like quite a lot. When the second one came out I read it was not as good as the first one so I kinda lost interest in them.

I heard the last 2 records sound more electronic is that right? A bit like modern Samael or something? Drummachine?

Originally posted by MadTinus
@Mocika, how's that Solefald album ("Pills Against..."), I have their first 2 albums, I like the first one a lot, but "Neonism" was a bit too weird for me, so how's that new one?
hm... then you wont like it either :cry: but try to download some songs first...
i like 'weird' music like these Solefald albums :D Btw, what did you find weird in Neonism? ;)

Originally posted by MadTinus
@Mocika, how's that Solefald album ("Pills Against..."), I have their first 2 albums, I like the first one a lot, but "Neonism" was a bit too weird for me, so how's that new one?

it's more metal and imo it's their worst album. you know, i like when they play crazy music:p "Neonism" had terrible production, but was more orginal. so, "The Linear Scaffold" is still the best Solefald work...

Originally posted by Mocika
hm... then you wont like it either :cry: but try to download some songs first...
i like 'weird' music like these Solefald albums :D Btw, what did you find weird in Neonism? ;)
Well, The Linear Scaffold was weird (Solefald = weird), but had a great production and great atmosphere, great vocals etc. Neonism had not so good a production, I can't understand why a band like Solefald would make the trip all the way from Norway to Stockholm to record in a "primitive" and "raw" studio like Sunlight. The Sunlight sound doesn't suit a band like Solefald at all i.m.o.

Then I just thought the vocals and lyrics and the general sound on Neonism was just a bit too freaky and psycho for me to enjoy. I mean, just read some songtitles: "Backpacka Baba", "CK II Chanel No 6"... :confused: :loco:. And such lyrics as "Survival of the fittest suits me fine. The truth as it was told to me by Calvin Klein".

Anyway, hope you get it, just a bit too much craziness for me to handle.

I love ...and Oceans. :D I interviewed Kenny on Aug.23rd. He is very cool:headbang: I have only heard Cypher and I was hooked! They cannot afford to come to America for a tour so I won't be able to see them, which just makes me want to cry:cry: Let's hope that some band that CAN afford to come over here will take them along as an opening act. It's a foot in the door at least.

I think this is my favorite Finnish band next to :cool: Sentenced!!!!
I LOVE THEM!!