And we got it : Mel Gibson viking movie!

The only thing that worries me about this is that Mel Gibson could take it as an opportunity to make some statement about Christianity. Given his background it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Vikings in the movie are portrayed as murderous, barbaric, baby-killing, demonic pagans (anyone see Pathfinder?) who are saved & civilized at the end by the righteous Christians. Everyone knows that the Vikings weren't the most wholesome of cultures, but I'm afraid this movie could turn out to be biased against them. But who knows, maybe it will just be another awesome epic, cuz Mel has certainly done some good ones in the past. The fact that it's in Old Norse is definitely pretty cool.

So long as i get to see DiCaprio die some brutal and horrific death...this will be win for me. I rather enjoy watching the movie's Mel Gibson directs more than his acting.

On the contrary, I don't think Mel will present the vikings as simple blood thirsty barbarians. I know he's more intelligent than that, I think he'll try to make it look dark but beautifull at the same time.

You think Dicaprio is weird for a viking?
How about the actor who's going to play Heimdall, the "white god", in the upcoming Thor (Marvel) :
idris-elba.jpg

No, you don't have an eye defect, thats fucking Heimdall right up there, see for yourself : http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61054#commentLstTop
All this token black shit is getting way out of hand...