Anders Nystrom

Bottomline is that Daylight Dies proved to be a Kikkin' band, u know.
Check out their music, its well thought out dramatic interesting shit going on, no fukking cheeze crap i tell u. I hear finesse.
With 'No Reply' they proved themselves to be right up there at the top of todays scene of melodic dark metal, and if they perfect their next offering with a pro azzed production and incorporate some chilling clean vocals, what more could u be asking for, seriously?

It seems to be that you are the Katatonia webmaster,if I am not mistaken ( nice page, by the way ) . And I already see that talents have visited the forum; Anders and Jonas from Katatonia and Eric from Novembers Doom. Good friendships you have, man !

About the commentary of Anders, I agree with the production, but the clean vocals...
I wouldn't like that your next album ( there will be next album, yes ? ) sounds like the last Rapture. Perhaps I would suggest to use something plus the keyboards and that the songs were not so long, but definitively 'No Reply' is a great debut

As for the new vocals, I'm all for it...as long as they're done RIGHT! But keyboards? I'm not so sure about that. Some bands go overboard with them and that can lead to a stale album...

Maybe Jonas Renkse can add his talents to a few songs on the new album? :)

I'd like to hear more clean vocals too, but wouldn't like to hear only this kind of vocals. I like the way clean choirs appear in "Everything that belongs", really add some atmosphere to the following riff...

By the way, who sings on that part Jesse?

Yeah Guthrie was the one who sang that clean bit. I also think Everything that Belongs is a strong song, I guess it would be one of my favorites on the album. We were going to get more clean vocals on the album, but didn't end up having enough time at the end of the recording process to do them properly. This album was recorded pretty unorthodox, so we didn't have the flexibility to change I wish we did... but we will certainly shoot for at least a few more clean vocal parts on the next release.

Listen to the difference in the quality of the material from Idle to No Reply. If this is any sign as to what is to come from Daylight Dies' followup album, you know its going to kick some serious ass! I agree though...more clean vocals would be nice!