Anders online interview with Guitarist magazine (UK)

oh shit your right!!!

How would you describe the differences between yourself and Fredrik as guitar players?

“He is the kind of guy who doesn’t play wrong – you very rarely hear him play mistakes. He’s a very reliable guitar player. And when we hear certain kinds of intervals between the notes or riffs we have this thing, we immediately say it’s typical Fredrik. Because, ironically, it always has this little flavour that there’s something wrong in it. Like the time signature is really strange but he’s not really aware of it himself. He’s not doing it consciously. That’s some kind of natural hidden talent with him.
“I would really hope to see him step up a little bit more with the writing because he’s been very passive on that front lately. But he did an album recently with his side project October Tide that we are yet to hear – we haven’t heard it yet.”

Wow, I had no idea there was going to be another October Tide album…

“Jonas [who played on the previous two October Tide albums] isn’t on it. I don’t really know what other guys he used but it’s supposed to be finished. Maybe he’s shopping for a deal with it. It’s going to be interesting to hear it. There’s probably a lot of surprises going on with that one – but at the same time it shows he can write. I would say he should step up and next time give me half a Katatonia album to work on! [laughs]”