Andie Sneap

Sannr

abc
Jan 31, 2013
Germany
what do you think think about Andy Sneap as the new Amon Amarth producer ?
Do you think they change their sound:confused:

I can't believe no one has replied to this post. It "concerns" me because the other bands he has worked with are not AA typical bands. In Johan I trust but you could obviously hear the "progression" in Surtur Rising and I'm curious what they are going to do. This is the last album under the Metalblade contract so I don't know how much they are going to change it up. When they announced they were releasing a new album this year I went back and listened to everything they have ever released in chronological order. While Versus the World remains my favorite overall album I was surprised that The Crusher has moved up to near the top. It's a fantastic album. I fear we will not be seeing a return to The Crusher and Versus the World. But, as with any Amon Amarth release, I am always a bit apprehensive until I hear that first song and then everything is fine.

Cheers, New to the board here.
I'm really worried Andy Sneap will ruin the band's sound. He ruined Testament and Exodus's last releases. The sound is way over-polished. Amon Amarth has always retained a pardon the pun, Crushing sound, retaining clarity, without sounding overproduced. I love the sound on the Peter Tägtgren records. It will be interesting, nonetheless.

Cheers, New to the board here.
I'm really worried Andy Sneap will ruin the band's sound. He ruined Testament and Exodus's last releases. The sound is way over-polished. Amon Amarth has always retained a pardon the pun, Crushing sound, retaining clarity, without sounding overproduced. I love the sound on the Peter Tägtgren records. It will be interesting, nonetheless.

Those are my favourites as well, maybe not when it comes to what songs are the best, but the sound is the best on those three I think. By far