WHAT INFLUNCES DO YOU HEAR IN AMON AMARTH?

Blutaar said:
Traditional Heavy Metal and the epic of Bathory stuff mixed with Death Metal influences.

no man, cannot make a generalization as Heavy Metal.. can you say that Crusher or Avenger is on Heavy sound??

psYchotic-eYes said:
no man, cannot make a generalization as Heavy Metal.. can you say that Crusher or Avenger is on Heavy sound??

Of course! They use lots of old-school Heavy Metal riffs! I don't know if you're playing guitar but if you are, you should check out some tabs.

I think The Avenger and The Crusher have very traditional heavy metal sounding riffs in them.

I'm trying to think more recent albums (Fate of the Norns) and I can't think of what influences I hear.

i m not agree with you .. i m playing guitar but not proffesionally. first of all on both of these two albums(The Crusher, The Avenger) there is a bass factor which is playing ever lasting that there isn't any heavy sound.. Taking a look Tedd's fingers is enough for me to say the differences.. These are my opinions!! However only can be discussed your opinions over Guitars' and riffs.

definitely an old school heavy metal influence. When I used to play Amon Amarth, my hardcore kid room mates said it sounded like ultra heavy iron maiden to them, which I had never noticed before, but damned if it isn't the case.

I basically think Amon Amarth took the classic black/death "Swedish" sound of early Dissection, mixed in an ample bit from Bathory, some crushing groovy riffs a la Bolt Thrower, and topped it all off with a strong sense of melody from traditional/heavy metal.

So, to recap: Swedish black/death a la Dissection + viking-era epicness a la Bathory + crushing death metal groove a la Bolt Thrower + heavy metal riffing a la many artists = Amon Amarth.

:worship:

Thrymfal said:
definitely an old school heavy metal influence. When I used to play Amon Amarth, my hardcore kid room mates said it sounded like ultra heavy iron maiden to them, which I had never noticed before, but damned if it isn't the case.

The same could be said for ANY band who plays melodic death metal, i.e. early Dark Tranquillity, early In Flames, etc., etc., so on and so forth.