What is the best Amon Amarth song ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armon Amarth

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2006
South-East-Switzerland
What do you think is the best amon amarth song ever? and why is it you favourite amon amarth song? i thin k Thousand years of opression is the best song because of the title and it has the best lyrics of all songs.:headbang:

I know this makes me sound like a n00b since this is Amon Amarth's best known song, but I just love Death In Fire.
Seigreicher Marsch is an awesome song too.
They're all good.

cant decide...there are too many good songs. favs are definately thousand years of oppression, siegreicher marsch (it was cool that johan began victorious march with the german part), many songs of the new album. once sent from the golden hall is awesome, too!

Yes there are really too many great songs!!
But,
Thousands Years Of Oppression
Death in Fire
Without Fear
The Dragon's Flight Across The Waves
are definatly special killers for me!!

i thought threads aksing your favourite aa song will be closed immediately !?("read this first")
if thats not the case i want o know what the thing with the lyrics from "risen from the sea" is .... :-D

Yes there are really too many great songs!!
But,
Thousands Years Of Oppression
Death in Fire
Without Fear
The Dragon's Flight Across The Waves
are definatly special killers for me!!
yeah and Amon Amarth , A fury divine , Thor Arise , Risen from the sea , Burning Creation and Bloodshed

Its a tie between Friends of the Suncross and Victorious March for me. Eyes of Horror, Risen from the Sea and In Pursuit of Vikings are great too.

Alright, now that the search function is officially back, there's no fuckin excuse folks. Just to start things off with, if you're new, and want to start a new thread, search for it first. oh and BTW:

1.New threads asking your favorite AA song will be closed
2.New threads asking about lyrics for Risen From the Sea will be closed

:rolleyes:

"Death in Fire" from Versus the World. this song made me a fan.

Where silent gods stand guard.
And this is the extract from an interview I found half a year ago:

Johan: Oh, man! I need easier questions! [We all laugh] All time favorite song, I would have to say the one I’m most pleased with and that is like a song that I really enjoy listening to once in a while is a song called “Amon Amarth” off Once From A Golden Hall. It’s just a beautiful song; I think it’s beautifully written by Olavi and also the lyrics are… I can still remember exactly how I wrote the lyrics, which I don’t do with all the songs I might add.

I was basically going to sleep; I had to get up to go to work. So it was in the [stage] precisely in between wake and sleep when you start drifting away. I got a line, a sentence in my head, like, ‘ding’! [Laughs] I wrote it all down in three hours, and I was dead tired when I was done. [Laughter ensues] But yeah, it was pretty cool actually. That’s the song that I am really satisfied with, that I am really like.

The fill version is here:
http://www.fourteeng.net/amonamarth.html

I cant really pick one best one, depending how I am feeling I like certain songs better than others but my favourite ones are:

Death on Fire
Asator
Annihilation of Hammerfest
Runes to my Memory

I would say:

Death In Fire
Pursuit Of Vikings
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs

Too many...ack, ok favourite off Each Album

OSFTGH - Victorious March
The Avenger - Avenger
The Crusher - As Long As The Raven Flies
Verus The World - Down The Slopes Of Death/Death In Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fate Of Norns - The Pursuit Of Vikings
WOOOS - Cry Of The Black Birds

Alright, let's just list this by the album

- Victorious March tied with Amon Amarth
- Legend Of A Banished Man
- The Fall Through Ginnungagap
- Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
- Where Death Seems To Dwell
- With Oden On Our Side

Status
Not open for further replies.