Andy Sneap Superior Presets

zirkonflex

You name it
Aug 12, 2008
Northern Germany
I found out yesterday that Sneap's Presets where now offered on Toontrack.com and i just bought them with the new library of the extreme.
Have any of you guys got them yet ?
For 7$ theres really some interesting stuff in there, you can really see how Sneap mixes his drums and how the little things just make it sound better.
The Dums are mostly oldskool sounding (I like the Exodus kit the most, its kinda around the War is my Shepard area), but theres really some interesting stuff going.
Ill restring my trash-guitar now and record some tunes for ya.

I hope this hasn't been talked thru somewhere, I did some search but didnt find anything.

For anyone that has The Metal Foundry this really is a cool thing to check out.

Yeah, it was more like a "what did he do here" and "what was used there" kind of thing.
Sneap said that himself, it should not be taken has the holy grail.
I especially think the chamber on some of the presets is way too loud and the volumes of the individual instruments are a little wierd.
One interesting thing though is that the settings he choose enable you to change the snare without an overly big sound change.
Its clearly evident that its a different snare, but it doesn't sound like shit if you change it, which is the case in most presets and also my own stuff.
It also bothers me a bit that its all about the Trash thing and pretty "clicky" sounds, not very punchy and modern, but i'll try to use one of the presets as a guideline for some modern sounds.
I'd love to have Jason Suecoff or similar to dial in some tones :D

/ But hands down, they sound a lot better than 90% the Combined Presets Metal Foundry comes with.
The only usefull ones there where Bergstrand's and the ones from Atlantis Studio.

Whats this with all the sucking presets on music software ?
It seemes like the more the presets are hyped and shown off, the more they suck.
In Superior they suck, in the big amp emulators they suck, but if I put up some PSP or Tubetech which is supposed to be more a tool than a library I get presets that I can live with in one click.
I mean I could have made better Superior presets than most of the ones on there the first day ...

Yeah its kinda retarded what they do, they just put some shit up thats a) the original song or b) produced to shit.

I made some track, excuse everything on this one, playing, production (its not even produced) and my my fakking drunk solo attempt.
I somehow fucked something up with the master compressor, it kinda doodles around with the snare to much, but eh ...
Its just the Sneap thingy on the Exodus kit with some extra spice on snare and kick.
Both are not dramatically changed though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8986797/Songs/SneapTest2.wav

Just take it as it is, its christmas suckers :D