Superior Drummer 2 Metal Machinery advice

H-evolve

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Hi all,

So, Metal Machinery sound bundle is on sale. It is a package of samples for Superior Drummer 2. Some of you might know that is was recorded by Andy Sneap.

I have SD2 and I have purchased the Metal Foundry package, which I am not super satisfied with. Again, some of you might know that Metal Foundry was done around the Meshuggah drum sound, and to be honest, I have never liked that sound. Way too clicky...

So, since nothing sounds great for me, I end up trying to EQ things myself so that they sound better to my ears, but it's a hell of a job for somebody who doesn't quite know what he is doing like me.

However! With the new Andy Sneap package on sale, I am thinking "Well, maybe that's what I need!" Any of you has tried it? Liking it? Does it sound good out of the box?

TLDR: In short, is the Metal Machinery package better than the Metal Foundry? Which I don't really like.... Slowly starting to wonder if I shouldn't get EZDrummer 2

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I've used the metal machine EZX for a while and have to say it's way ahead of the other EZX's I've got (DfH, Metal!), sounds good with no tweaking to my ears. I'm using it with SD2; never bothered to upgrade to EZ2 either as the improvements seem to be more around the interface than the sounds. Metal Machinery is I think a raw version of the metal machine EZX, so if that's what you're after- some great raw sounds to tweak yourself- it could be pretty tempting....

Metal Machinery is...ok but nothing more. I wasn't excactly exited when I purchased it. I had higher expectation. But everything is better than metal foundry which sucks. I have tried to sell it but no one seemed interested, haha! Save your money and purchase progressive foundry. Only sdx I been satisfied with yet.