Andy, what drum heads do you use on bottom (snare and toms)?

pretty much any single ply head will work for the bottoms of toms like evans g1's for example. as for snares there are usually special bottom snare heads that are super thin one ply. they usually say something that refers to it being a bottom snare-side head in the name. the tuning will make more difference than brand or model on the bottom of the drum. i really like evans g2s on top and g1s on the bottom for toms.

if he uses emperors on the batter of toms i presume he uses ambassadors on the bottom..
snare bottom head is mostly called ambassador hazy or something like that...just go to the music store and tell you want a bottom head for snare..

talking about the remo heads here...i've yet to be impressed by evans..the emad series for kicks were nice but in no way do they get close to powertroke 3 of remo..that's my opinion the g2 or g1..also not really superb impressed..still prefer the remo's..

Funky Animal said:
if he uses emperors on the batter of toms i presume he uses ambassadors on the bottom..
snare bottom head is mostly called ambassador hazy or something like that...just go to the music store and tell you want a bottom head for snare..

talking about the remo heads here...i've yet to be impressed by evans..the emad series for kicks were nice but in no way do they get close to powertroke 3 of remo..that's my opinion the g2 or g1..also not really superb impressed..still prefer the remo's..

i feel the same way about remo as you do about evans. it really is personal preference. i think g2s just sound much more natural and full than remos do. remos i think last longer for sure, but just dont sound as good for me. for the record, on my kit right now are pinstripes and before that ambassadors. i want to check out remos again, but im going back to g2s. on the same drums, the remos just dont sound as big and nice to me. oh well gotta use what you like.