ANGEL - Rock Candy Reissues

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Justin told me he has read that the remastering on the ANGEL reissues isn't that good. Was curious if anyone else has heard anything.

There have been some "questionable sources" on some of their recent reissues. So I am curious.

Ever since I got burned early on in Divebomb history I am reluctant to use vinyl as main source (bonus content is another story) for any DB reissue but I swear some of their titles are pulled from vinyl sources, but their liner notes are always amazing.

ANGEL ‘S/T’ CANDY153
ANGEL ‘HELLUVA BAND’ CANDY154
ANGEL ‘ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN’ CANDY155

Yeah the Johnny Van Zant Band "Round Two" has some crackles in it. I understand old master tapes age, but this stuff just sounds like vinyl. Same with the Teri DeSario disc. Tracks vary like crazy on it.

Bringing this back, was any definite info found on these? I'm more interested in the s/t and Helluva Band than On Earth...

Edit:
Found a rip of the Rock Candy released s/t album. Doesn't sound like a vinyl source to my ears, then again I don't have any good headphones any more to be able to really analyze it. My bookshelf speakers are awesome though and cranked up can reveal more details/imperfections in songs. I can hear some slight compression artifacting (possible truncating of the audio signal in the highs, hopefully from mp3 compression and not the mastering) at a loud volume on 320kbps mp3s. Not picking up any noticeable pops or hiss from a vinyl source though *shrug* Then again, I am quite sick and my ears are pretty stuffy :p Sounds good to me so I'm gonna hit my local record shop and pick up those first 2 albums since they are in stock there.

Bringing this back, was any definite info found on these? I'm more interested in the s/t and Helluva Band than On Earth...

Edit:
Found a rip of the Rock Candy released s/t album. Doesn't sound like a vinyl source to my ears, then again I don't have any good headphones any more to be able to really analyze it. My bookshelf speakers are awesome though and cranked up can reveal more details/imperfections in songs. I can hear some slight compression artifacting (possible truncating of the audio signal in the highs, hopefully from mp3 compression and not the mastering) at a loud volume on 320kbps mp3s. Not picking up any noticeable pops or hiss from a vinyl source though *shrug* Then again, I am quite sick and my ears are pretty stuffy :p Sounds good to me so I'm gonna hit my local record shop and pick up those first 2 albums since they are in stock there.

I picked up the first Angel reissue and the remastering sounds no different really to the older BGO reissues.

I didn't have the BGO release so either way it's an upgrade :)

Any one know if the Quiet Riot and the first LA Guns albums are good enough to pick up?

I didn't have the BGO release so either way it's an upgrade :)

Any one know if the Quiet Riot and the first LA Guns albums are good enough to pick up?

Which QR? I have them all. None of the previous versions on Sony have been remastered since original release. OH, wait. Metal Health was.

I have LA Guns but haven't done an A/B but the booklets were pretty sweet.

Metal Health and Condition Critical. Am interested in the LA Guns to see how it sounds. I'll have to check to see if there's a track on youtube from the RC release. OH, I just saw they put out Dark Star too, very curious about that one if it's a new remaster or if they used the masters used by Krescendo...

Metal Health and Condition Critical. Am interested in the LA Guns to see how it sounds. I'll have to check to see if there's a track on youtube from the RC release. OH, I just saw they put out Dark Star too, very curious about that one if it's a new remaster or if they used the masters used by Krescendo...

Dark Star just came out I am debating it. I have the bootleg, which is what i am sure Krescendo took it from.

Metal Health is the same master as the 2001 US Edition, except this version adds three more live tracks. Danger Zone and SBC (Live) are the same from US version.

Conditional Critical sounds great and first time being remastered, as the US Edition is the original masters from the 80's.

The LA Guns sounds great too. It's debatable audio on the US version that claimed it was remastered years ago. But these two RC versions are thumping and sound great.

What's a good online source for the QR remasters? I'd like to pick up these, as I only have the old US versions.

Any plans for a QRIII remaster? I like that album quite a bit as well.

Cheers,
Matt

p.s. after posting this, I see that I can get these directly from RC, but I am hesitant to do so since: a) they're fairly expensive given the current US dollar value, and b) it looks like I'd be ordering from the UK, and since I've never dealt with RC before, I'd be concerned about shipping speed.

Dark Star just came out I am debating it. I have the bootleg, which is what i am sure Krescendo took it from.

Metal Health is the same master as the 2001 US Edition, except this version adds three more live tracks. Danger Zone and SBC (Live) are the same from US version.

Conditional Critical sounds great and first time being remastered, as the US Edition is the original masters from the 80's.

The LA Guns sounds great too. It's debatable audio on the US version that claimed it was remastered years ago. But these two RC versions are thumping and sound great.

I have the 2001 Sony release and I think that Shout Factory put out a release too that might be the source of those live tracks. I'll pick up CC and the LA Guns soon. Starting a new job soon! $$$ = More CDs more often :p In the meantime, I placed an order with my local store for the Dark Star so we'll see how that one is when it comes in.

Thanks. Is there a good online US-based source to get these now, or am I stuck ordering directly from RC? If I'm stuck ordering from RC, are you able to speak to the concerns I mentioned in my earlier post?

You can order them from Amazon.com for ~$20 each at the moment. Or, just keep you eye on the listings and jump on them when they inevitably lower the price :) OR! Wait until Mista Golden stocks them if he decides to do so!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Health-Quiet-Riot/dp/B0098R8DDC/ref=tmm_acd_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367165518&sr=1-1"]Metal Health[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Condition-Critical-Quiet-Riot/dp/B0098R8DEG/ref=tmm_acd_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367166072&sr=1-2"]Condition Critical[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Qr-III-Quiet-Riot/dp/B003U0I982/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1367166072&sr=1-5&keywords=quiet+riot"]III[/ame]