Angeldeath (old school death metal) - FREE studio EP download - PLEASE REVIEW

xAzagthothx

likes jambands, too
Sep 8, 2009
Whats up everybody? I'm Greg, the guitar player for Angeldeath, from Albany, NY. We're basically an old school metal band at heart, and touch upon a lot of different elements and utilize a lot of different song formulas and structures.

Stylistically, we're kinda like early Morbid Angel mixed with Immortal, Slayer, Necrophobic's "Bloodhymns" and At The Gates and hits of Suffocation and Incantation. Sort of. We're thrashy old school death metal, I guess. Blast beats and speed picking, but also mid-tempo chug grooves and gallop sections.

We broke up in 2004 right after recording our 2nd EP at Max Trax Studios in Albany, NY when we were all 18 and 19 and fresh out of high school.

To jump-start our comeback, I'd like to give you all the opportunity to download the album FOR FREE, with the only requirement that you review it here.

Without further adieu.... here is the Angeldeath "Hordes of Sickness/Legions of Hate" EP.

1. Curse of Enthrallment http://www.sendspace.com/file/ivtbdh
2. The Black Gate http://www.sendspace.com/file/19xuqo
3. Call of the Ghoul http://www.sendspace.com/file/01hkqp
4. Unholy Ceremonies http://www.sendspace.com/file/1r2zob

just click the links and download the tracks from the pages.

Just a word about the songs, Curse is an EPIC fucking death metal assault, weaving through so many different territories, leading up to an epic climax.

The Black Gate is a speedy short thrashy number, with a badass gallop groove section.

Call of the Ghoul is another speedy thrashy old school death metal song that was heavily influenced by Altars of Madness.

Unholy Ceremonies is my pride and joy, a groovish thrash assault leading into an angular maze of herky-jerk rythms, all leading up to an EPIC fucking death metal Satan-loving chant-a-long climax. You'll know when you get there. MOST EVIL RIFF SECTION EVER.

seriously though, Unholy Ceremonies is absolutely brilliant. I couldn't believe I wrote it when I was fucking barely 18....

PLEASE tell me what you think!!!

Put them on myspace, mommy told me not to download from strangers

Sounds like you are confident about the quality of your stuff, always good...but modesty is a valuable trait too

haha yeah i actually just did.

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

the links actually just go to a sendspace page where you download the .wma's. i doubt a spam bot wouldve been as in-depth with a post like that, but i get you.

oh, and i totally understand what you mean about modesty. i hate it when people are all like WEERE THAA BEST EV@R!!!!! BETTARR THANZ SUFFOCATION DEICIDE AND MORE!!!!!!!

lol. but seriously, i said all that because I'm very proud of what we did, ESPECIALLY considering how young we were. Like, I was GONE from the metal scene completely for 5 years, and then came back and listened to our stuff... and I just couldn't believe what we wrote. It just floored me. I listen to it, as a fan, just as much as I listen to Formulas Fatal To The Flesh, which is my favorite metal cd of all time.

i mean, i donno how much of an effect saying this will have on you, but it was enough to convince me 100% that we had unfinished business, and that it was time to resurrect Angeldeath.

but dude, check it out for yourself. I very seriously think you will like it at least a little more than a little bit, lol.

so yeah www.myspace.com/angeldeath518 PLEASE write a review here, too!!! yay! :headbang:

Listening to Unholy Ceremonies now. Cool stuff. Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness and Possessed - Seven Churches come to mind. Get your shit together and put out a full album!

EDIT: If someone told me Call Of The Ghoul was some unreleased track from AoM, I think I'd believe it.

haha, word right on man. Yeah thats pretty much exactly the kinda shit we do.

lol and thanks for the comment about Call of the Ghoul. Thats one of the kindest things anybody has ever said. Ryan (drums) will flip when I tell him that... haha

and yeah, full length is what we're working to!! We just literally got back together and have had.... 3...? 4? practices, and we've gotta find a bass player and a singer, cuz they both went on and decided to do "real life". Matt the singer is in NYC workin to be a doctor, and Charlie, our bass player, is playing semi-professional hockey, which i guess isn't "real life" but whatever, lol.

wait till you get to the "chorus" in Unholy Ceremonies. heheh :loco: