Angra - AURORA CONSURGENS

Not quite as mystical/fantasy-like as the others! Is this definitely just a provisional name or the actual title?

Dating from the 15th century, the Aurora consurgens' is a Medieval alchemical treatise.
Unusually, for a document of this period, the manuscript contains thirty-eight fine watercolour drawings.

aurora-1.jpg

The image Angra have chosen for thier cover art is called "The Hermaphrodite."

aurora.jpg

So now you know :D

Having just recieved a promo, I am please to say this is another fantastic angra album. However I do feel that it is a lot heavier that previous releases although it retains the regional influences, rythms and arranges that mark the band. The composition process involved all members this time, resulting in an overall more diverse sound.

The title comes from Thomas Aquinas' medieval book with the same name, which was later used by Carl Jung for relating dreams to the different states of mind.

The album is not a concept album as Temple of Shadows, but the lyrics focus on the different mental perturbations such as suicide, schizophrenia, sociopathy, bipolar disorder, etc.

I'll upload some samples when I get home, since I know everyone here will buy this album :lol:

That new single is pretty good, was'nt sure about it at the start, but once the bridge/chorus kicked in, I was there! I hope to see them live at some stage, that's a dream.. Kiko is fast becoming my guitar playing Icon.

Yeah I'd love to hear this album. It seems to have a lot of hype surrounding it. Plus I never gave Angra a real chance....I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's because power metal is a very European thing

Ok I finally got round to hearing this.

It is a very good album :) My initial thoughts when listening to it was that the lead singer (Eduardo Falaschi, who also has a solo album out) sounds very much like a cross between Bruce Dickenson and Olaf Hayer :lol: In fact there was a bit of a Dionysus feel to it....like Dionysus had been dipped in a vat of progressive metal.