Angra Has Officially Broken Up!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
No!!! I can't believe their done! RIP Angra!! With Aquiles Preister leaving for unknown reasons and then the website disappearing, no one seemed to know what was going on, but the writing was kind of on the wall so to speak. Then there were the rumors about problems with management. Its such a loss though. I hope Kiko and Rafael regroup into something else. At least we have the CD's to last us forever!

Courtesy Of Bravewords.com

Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 at 07:29:37 EST

ALMAH, the side project of ex-ANGRA vocalist Edu Falaschi, will release their new album, Fragile Equality, on October 17th via AFM Records. Falaschi has issued the following statement:

"Hi Friends! We just finished the workings on our new Almah album Fragile Equality. Since the band Angra has been terminated, I would like to put my focus on Almah, which turned to a real band with a steady line up. Also my mate Felipe Andreoli (ex-Angra) will be part of this line up and we are looking forward to a great future. Our new album will be released at October 17th. We all would like to thank you for your great support!"

Side projects killed it imo. Almah, Kiko Loureio, the drummer working with HANGAR, the Bittencourt Project and whatever else they are doing.

This is truly a downer, although their website is back up, to discover that my favorite band is officially gone. I can't see I didn't see it coming though.....

RIP Angra, you got me through a lot of shitty moments in life!!!!

Ouch! Falaschi Falaschi!!!! Andre Matos" voice IMO was very annoying in high doses. Edu was much better!

you really are insane. Matos is great. On his own though his material lacks a punch, proving that like most talent...it is all one big puzzle and once a piece is missing....something just isnt right. Edu is really good but no where near Matos.

you really are insane. Matos is great. On his own though his material lacks a punch, proving that like most talent...it is all one big puzzle and once a piece is missing....something just isnt right. Edu is really good but no where near Matos.

Good IMO not great. Edu has way more range in the lower registers which Andre lacks. Sure he can hit the high notes, but so can Edu. Maybe not as much. I compare Edu to Andi Deris' situation when he joined Helloween. Michael Kiske was great! But Deris is more versatile in different registers PLUS he has that certain bluesy raspy flavor in his voice.

And you're arguing that Andre Matos is better than Edu Falaschi? You!, the guy who has his default picture on his myspace profile of him and Erik Estrada?! Oy Vey!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::loco::loco::

And you're arguing that Andre Matos is better than Edu Falaschi? You!, the guy who has his default picture on his myspace profile of him and Erik Estrada?! Oy Vey!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::loco::loco::

Erik and I go way back. Edu does have better lower range. I do agree. Edu was one of the rare times a singer jumped on into a existing large band with a huge fanbase and was able to keep the fans happy. Not many others have been able to do that. Most of the time when the singer leaves....the band usually is never as good. I think Helloween and Nocturnal Rites are only some of the few that have kept up in quality asides the last Nocturnal Rites disc.

I was glad to see Shaman form from the ashes of Angra.

Then I was glad to hear Temple of Shadows proving that both halves could create awesome music and I'd benefit by having twice as much awesome to listen to.

And now I'm sad. Very very sad. Both halves have dissolved.

Fucking worthless.

i am confident they will all regroup one day and make another album at least

I think Bob saw them along with a whopping 15 other people at Riley's once....
Proof that clubs need to actually ADVERTISE their shows!

I was there for that! Can't remember if weather played an issue that night or not, I might be mixing it up with the lack of crowd for Sy-X there....They put on a great show, for a handful of people....:headbang:

Guys...guys....don't despair. I received the new Almah album last week, since we recently signed the band (one of the benefits of being in the business..:).

It sounds EXACTLY like a new Angra albums would sound.....not after the last album, but as a natural follow-up to Temple Of Shadows!!!!!!

I am NOT shitting you!!!!! I have had the first Almah album for a long time, and it's an ok album - melodic, but in my opinion lacking the extreme skills that personify the Angra releases.

The new album goes so far beyond that it almost seems like 2 different bands.

So, even if I am just as sad as the rest of you guys - considering the Angra guys good friends after our 18 days in Europe 2005 - I also need to say WELCOME to the New Era for Edu and Felipe + company.

You will all be jaw-droppingly surprised! (That was VERY danish-English)

Lars