Angra - Secret Garden

Does anyone know where I can order this from where I won't pay a crazy amount. Amazon wants 30 bucks for it and that's just stupid in my opinion.

"Secret Garden": A song with only Simone singing and based on strings and keys? C'mon, that's not Angra, that's just a try to reach out to Epica's audience as well. At least it's a good track (though nothing exceptional).
Agreed. It's a strange decision not to have your own singer sing on the title track of your album. And it doesn't help that the song is just plain awful.

"Upper Levels": Totally the proggiest track and with some cool stuff, but when the verse starts I think Fabio tries to sing like Russell Allen and Angra are trying to sound more like Symphony X, than themselves.
The music on this track is flawless. And I don't think Fabio sounds particularly like Russell on this track, but rather the riff which precedes Fabio's vocals is such that our brains have been trained to expect Russell's vocals. Still, it's an excellent song.

I was really looking forward to this album. I've never been a huge fan of Angra's vocalists and really took a liking to Fabio after the last Hollow Haze release. I thought the combination had great potential. Unfortunately, the record as a whole just feels lacking. Maybe a few more listens will open it up a bit for me.

Justin G is one of the few guys that also likes Aqua, so I'm curious what his take on this disc will be. I'm holding off till it's got US distro so that I don't get pwnt on price.

Agreed. It's a strange decision not to have your own singer sing on the title track of your album. And it doesn't help that the song is just plain awful.

The music on this track is flawless. And I don't think Fabio sounds particularly like Russell on this track, but rather the riff which precedes Fabio's vocals is such that our brains have been trained to expect Russell's vocals. Still, it's an excellent song.

I was really looking forward to this album. I've never been a huge fan of Angra's vocalists and really took a liking to Fabio after the last Hollow Haze release. I thought the combination had great potential. Unfortunately, the record as a whole just feels lacking. Maybe a few more listens will open it up a bit for me.

ahhhhhh I was wondering when someone would at least kind of agree with me. Thanks Greg :) :Smokedev:

Bear

Justin G is one of the few guys that also likes Aqua, so I'm curious what his take on this disc will be. I'm holding off till it's got US distro so that I don't get pwnt on price.

I am very satisfied with the album. It's not OMG legendary or anything, but I like it a lot. I love that this band never releases the same album twice.

I got my copy from Impulse a week ago. I've spun it 6-8 times. I gotta say it is a pretty awesome release. No fillers either. Getting to hear Simone and Doro each sing on this is a pleasure as well.

I really like it. It's one of the darkest albums they've ever made and the emotion seeps through the lyrics and surprisingly brutal riffage. Crushing Room is unbelievably intense.

The one thing I was worried about, Fabio replacing Edu, is thankfully not much of a difference at all.

I haven't listened a lot to Angra in the past. Of course, with them headlining I have been giving Holy Land a few spins and find it enjoyable. However, I am hugely impressed with Secret Garden. The more progressive edge and the eclectic mix of tunes is fantastic. The insertion of Secret Garden with Simone Simons is a stroke of brilliance. It reminds me of the quiet Vacant on DT's Train of Thought - a flower in a sea of proggy muscle. The Sting tune is one of the best covers I have heard in years - instantly recognizable, but done in a completely difference genre. But it is the remainder of the album that completely wins me over. Secret Garden will be near the top of my Best Of list for 2015. While seeing Holy Land will be great, I actually wish it was Secret Garden that they would do in its entirety. I have little doubt that I am in the minority with that wish. Bring on the beatings!

When is this being released in the states

EAR MUSIC Making Moves Into USA Market

NEW RELEASES FROM ASH, DEEP PURPLE, ANGRA, THUNDER, GAMMA RAY + MORE ON THE WAY
(New York, N.Y.): earMUSIC has signed an exclusive deal with Entertainment One Distribution for distribution in the U.S., it was announced today. The deal is the first of many planned elements that will further nurture the earMusic label, brand and artists in the United States in 2015 and beyond.

The first set of releases for May under this new deal are as follows:
May 12:
Angra, Secret Garden:

Wow, May 12. For those who don't want to wait, I see LaserCD has the digipak for $19.

Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I just don't like the new Angra. I've really only like the Edu era of the band, and I thought I'd like the Fabio tunes - but I couldn't even make it through the video.

Just not good. Maybe I need to re-listen without the video.

Seems like I'm in the minority here, but I just don't like the new Angra. I've really only like the Edu era of the band, and I thought I'd like the Fabio tunes - but I couldn't even make it through the video.

Just not good. Maybe I need to re-listen without the video.

I don't like the video at all. I really like this cd. I'm re-listening to the Edu cds because I like this one so much. To each their own though. I just really like this one from start to finish.

This CD continues to grow on me more and more with each listen. The songwriting is just plain SOLID throughout, and offers a good diversity of songs, yet all are engaging in their own right. Fabio fits in very well here also, moreso by far than the recent live album. The guest vocals also work well, but I DO find it odd that a band that is trying to reinvent themselves with a new singer choose to put out a disc where the new singer doesn't even sing on the entire album. Also, is it just me, or is that Rafael singing lead on 2-3 songs??? (He sounds GREAT, but again..... Very odd to have a new singer but not have him singing all the leads......)