Angra to split? :(

Rory

Shadow Warrior
May 25, 2006
Cork, Ireland
I figured I'd post this here as I'm sure the PQ guys are interested after touring with Angra, and because they're one of the best bands in the world!

I really hope that this news is'nt true, because they really are amazing, and one of my favourite bands :( -

Taken from:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/75272

Quote:
ANGRA - Have They Disbanded?
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 at 08:51:59 EST

It appears that the Brazilian metallers ANGRA might have once again split into two definitive camps, vocalist Edu Falaschi's ALMAH recruiting the remnants apart from the guitar tandem of Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt (sound familiar, deja vu?). Almah is scheduled to tour in 2008. Bittencourt has reportedly made amends with ex-singer Andre Matos, who put his SHAAMAN project on ice earlier this year. Much of the speculation stems from a canceled appearance at the Bay Area Rock Fest, where management informed the promoter that Angra had "separated." Rumors of a retrospective DVD release have also surfaced.

Looks as if Steve pretty much confirmed it there.

It'd be a big shame, i've seen them live before, but I wasn't as big a fan as I am now when I did see them. If only I could have made one of the PQ/Angra shows earlier in the year... I'd love to see them live again.

Bassist Felipe Andreoli - "ANGRA Is Stronger Than Ever"

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 at 12:32:33 EST

As we reported earlier today here, Brazilian metallers ANGRA were rumored to be splitting up again. However Angra bassist Felipe Andreoli has issued the following update clearing up the situation:

"Ah, if you guys only knew about a little fraction of everything that happened in 2007. It made anyone go crazy, and unfortunately that includes me... However now everything seems to be going back to normal again, it's like coming back from wonderland, ya know? I could never imagine that things could change so much and so quickly in life, and sometimes you'll only realize it when it's too late. In the meantime you end up giving up a lot, you go with the flow and only find out what your destiny is when you're there. Alright, enough philosophical bullshit, let's get to what matters and talk about the present and the future. The only ones who live off the past are museums...

The wise say that there's a calm after the storm. I'm not the weather-man, but I think the storm is gone. To be more clear, Angra has gone through some radical changes this year and it wasn't an easy process. Basically we saw that the band wouldn't go much further if it kept on being managed the way it had been. Fortunately, I have excellent news for you guys, who without a doubt are in need of some information.

The main change is that Angra is changing its management. This is a necessary step for the longevity of the group since the frustrations with the current management have taken the band to some terrible consequences in the past, and we were about to go in that same route once again. I'm very very happy to share this news with you who've always supported Angra and myself. The results of this mega-change will reflect in the band's structure, from the minimum details to the most crucial ones.

Once this change is complete, we have countless projects that we want to bring to life, and this new structure will allow us to make it happen in a much more professional manner, resulting in higher-quality products. Quality, that will also be reflected on the musical approach of Angra, since the musicians in the band are more productive when they're satisfied with their working conditions.

That's more or less it, you guys can finally breathe again: Angra is stronger than ever, and we're very eager to work, write, record and play everything we've always wanted, for still many years to come. Thank you so much all of you who're a very important part of the history of Angra."

Cheers Kiwi!

That's really a relief, an Angra split would be awfully upsetting!

I hope we can look forward to either Angra or Almah playing WOA next year, fingers crossed! :headbang: