Angra

Hey Junnie - did you like the Dream Evil album? I have it, but I haven't heard it yet - any fave tracks?

hehe yeah!!! now i'm listening to it.. hmm very interesting album, you may imagine some death/black sound as Fredrik Nordstorm hundles that kind of music, but this one sounds like 80's metal like Y&T.. i'm not sure if they are making fun of it or not but.. the lyrics are so .. what can i say... like track 6, Heavy Metal In The Night :D

"Thunder! Lightening! Fighting! Heavy Metal in the Night!
Monsters! Dying! By axes! Bleeding in the burning light!"

i LOVE that sillyness :D but i remember you don't like Hammerfall.. so...

my most favorite tune is *groovy* sound and again *silly* lyrics of track 8, h.m.j (stands for Heavy Metal Jesus! :lol: )

and tune 7, The Prophecy which Gus G. shows thrilling guitar solo.

but maybe it's me... hope you won't through it from your car window again!!! :) hehe!

heh - good memory about my Hammerfall experience. To be fair, I guess I need to give some of their older stuff a try, but without doubt, "Renegade" could be one of the worst CD's I haves ever bought.

I don't mind cheesy songs - as you know I LOVE Rhapsody. But I have to admit, the whole "We love Heavy Metal" theme is little retarded whether it be by Judas Priest ("Heavy Metal"), Gamma Ray ("Heavy Metal Universe"), or Manowar (pretty much anything). :D

*reaches over to put Saxon's "Killing Ground" into CD player*

Originally posted by maestro_al
*reaches over to put Saxon's "Killing Ground" into CD player*

Go BACK over to your CD player, remove the Saxon disc. Put it on the table and use it as a coaster (I mean, you don't want to stain the wood w/ your beverage, do you?), THEN go put Ensiferum in the player. NOW you can enjoy. ;)

Originally posted by zinescene
I for one loved Killing Ground. I thought it was the best thing Saxon has done since Crusader.

Junnie, it's not that I don't like Saxon as much as I like giving maestro_al a hard time. Besides, Ensiferum is approximately 245 times better than ANY Saxon album. ;)

Ensiferum is astounding. I think Token of Time and Old Man Vainamoinen could be instant metal classics.

Oh and I would disagree about the Saxon comparison. I would say Ensiferum is only about 244 times better to be more precise. :D

Originally posted by maestro_al

:lol:

I saw some guy the other day with a Twisted Sister tattoo - it was old and faded, like he'd had it done in prison with a rusty needle.

The danger of getting band name tattoos done is that they make no sense when you're old and decrepid. I mean, what are you supposed to tell your kids what "Motorhead" means amidst them changing your old man diapers.

Well, that's why I didn't get "sepultura" spelled out across my butt--"S" just happens to be the first letter of my name as well, so I thought it would be okay. ;)

Shaye

Originally posted by lady_space

Well, that's why I didn't get "sepultura" spelled out across my butt--"S" just happens to be the first letter of my name as well, so I thought it would be okay. ;)

Shaye

Anything that draws attention to a "lady's" butt is ok in my book. :D

lol, well, that would be my Marillion tat (I think I showed virtually everyone last year). My Sepultura one is on my shoulder blade. :)

Shaye

OK interesting...Marillion on the ass seems quite fitting too. Anymore that you'd like to share with us? :D

Actually, I take my hat off to you - I can't ever decide what to have done, so I remain stainless (to date). :)

If you can't decide what to get, better to remain without than to regret something later! I have 5, and want to add on to 2 of them as soon as I have some $$$ and a good idea of what I want to get done. I currently have 3 band-related tats, the aforementioned Marillion (you must be the only PP 2 attendee not graced with my...ahem, lower back last year) and Sepultura ones, and a take-off on Overkill's Chaly (who just turned 10) on my... well, my left boob, really. I gotta get something more done to that one, but unfortunately, I have only so much space with which to work! ;)

Shaye

I currently have 3 band-related tats, the aforementioned Marillion (you must be the only PP 2 attendee not graced with my...ahem, lower back last year)...

PP3 will be my first PP! I never made it to PP2 and I obviously missed out...*cough*

...and Sepultura ones, and a take-off on Overkill's Chaly (who just turned 10) on my... well, my left boob, really. I gotta get something more done to that one, but unfortunately, I have only so much space with which to work!

Well you know it's not the size that counts blah blah...:D

Originally posted by markgugs
I'm hoping my brand new Blind Guardian-inspired tattoo will be done by ProgPower :D

Good thing your not getting the band name tattooed...otherwise you might only get "Blind" by the time November comes round. har har.