Angra's NEW SONG and Album Details

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site

Angra announced the details of their new album today, entitled "Secret Garden." The album is the first release in four years ("Aqua" in 2010) and first to feature new members Fabio Lione and Bruno Valverde. It will be released by JVC in Asia on December 17th, via Universal Music in Brazil and Edel Music in Europe both on January 16, 2015 and then later in USA, Canada and Russia (date TBA).

The eighth studio album brings what the band has called "a true renewal in the style of the band." With production by legendary producer Roy Z (Judas Priest, Bruce Dickinson, Halford), "Secret Garden" was recorded and produced in Sweden by Jens Bogren (Kreator, Arch Enemy, Opeth). "Secret Garden" brings together everything that has made Angra one of the biggest bands in the world, with contemporary and inspired compositions.

The album's artwork was created by Rodrigo Bastos Didier and designed together with guitarist Rafael Bittencourt, and represents the album's dream part of the story, the entrance to the secret garden. Visually, it represents a significant change, exploring textures and nuances that escape the digital arts today.

One of the great strengths of the album is the variety of guests, among which are singers. Epica's Simone Simons appears in the title track "Secret Garden", and the Metal Queen Doro Pesch appears in an exciting vocal duet with Rafael Bittencourt in the song "Crushing Room".

The track list for the album is:

1. Newborn Me
2. Black Hearted Soul
3. Final Light
4. Storm of Emotions
5. Violet Sky
6. Secret Garden
7. Upper Levels
8. Crushing Room
9. Perfect Simmetry
10. Silent Call

vuWYfT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's over 2 minutes into the song before I hear a part that reminds me of the Angra I know and love. Honestly, this song pretty much just screams Fabio to me, sounding very similar to almost any of his other projects. In fact, the parts that DO remind me of Angra actually come across more like Myrath than classic Angra.

All of that being said...

I REALLY like the song a lot. I have come back to this several times today as I keep finding it sticking in my head. While one song does not make an album (good or bad) I am very excited by what I am hearing...... Not because it's Angra (as it doesn't sound like them) or because it's Fabio (who is seemingly all over the place) but just because it sounds like GOOD, CLASSIC power metal to me, and I have been missing something like this for some time...... This really sounds promising!!!

My reaction was that it was good, but should they really call themselves Angra anymore? If you played it to me blind, I wouldn't be able to identify it as an Angra song.

My reaction was that it was good, but should they really call themselves Angra anymore? If you played it to me blind, I wouldn't be able to identify it as an Angra song.
That's fair, but it's also true of a great number of bands who are no longer with their original singer. Especially those who have been around as long as Angra.

From my perspective, the combination of two world class guitarists and Fabio intrigues me. The "Angra" logo means less to me (in this case) than the collaboration of these three musicians.

I liked it. Kinda modern sounding, some classic Angra touches thrown in and great production. Never liked the idea of Fabio in Angra but he does a decent job here.

From my perspective, the combination of two world class guitarists and Fabio intrigues me. The "Angra" logo means less to me (in this case) than the collaboration of these three musicians.

I totally respect this. However, for me this song really does not have many of the elements that made them appeal to me on those first couple of albums. And to me it is not just Matos (since I did not really care for his post-Agra stuff either), but a combination of him and the music. I listened to Fireworks today as I was working and it really has overall sound that I still love and that I find lacking on this new single.

It is too early to pass judgement on the album or the song, but initial impressions for me is that it sounds like any other average power metal band.

There's another song that has leaked (very poor quality audio) that I am sure will appease the fans craving the more speedy, power metal Angra sound with some of the Brazilian influences. I won't post a link here out of respect to the band and their manager for wanting to keep that off the web, but the fans looking for "that" Angra sound will not be disappointed.

I gave this a spin and I can listen to it, but it doesn't jump out at me something spcial. I've never been a huge fan of Fabio. The man can sing, but it just doesn't do it for me. Regardless, its better than 90 % of the shite out there these days & we will get to hear a few songs in Atlanta in Sept, so...

I dig the tune. It has a bit of a modern metal vibe while not forsaking melody and great technical musicianship. Fabio sounds terrific. It sounds at times like he's singing with a somewhat different tone from what we're used to getting from him. I get what folks are saying about the lack of the signature Angra sound, but I think that what makes Angra such a great band in the first place is that they've always taken their music in different directions from album to album. I can't wait to hear the rest of this thing!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

A little background on the album's concept:

"Like almost all of Angra’s work, Secret Garden is a concept album which brings up the question: can something that does not exist to the eyes, or is not perceived by the senses, be considered as non-existent? The songs tell the fictional story of scientist Morten Vrolik who fights to restore his happiness after a tragic accident that took the life of his wife. Faced with the harsh new reality, Morten is forced to revise his atheistic beliefs and values in order to recover a sense of personal contentment that was taken away by fate. The sudden change in his routine, the adaptability, synchronicity, loneliness, guilt, hope and the strength to rise anew are some of the topics discussed in the lyrics, always put to light under different perspectives - be they religious, scientific, philosophical or merely aesthetic."

Angra's official video for the song "Storm of Emotions" is out:

Great song! I liked the previous song as well, so I'm really looking forward to the new album!

Last edited by a moderator: