Aniara online-resource

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Hi everybody!

Since TGE (song) constitutes such a big part of the album I would like to comment some on the lyrics. As you all know by now it is based on the novel Aniara from 1956.

I strongly encourage you all to read it. I know it is unbelievably beautiful in Swedish but for those of you who don't read Swedish there is an official English translation which you can purchase from for instance Amazon ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Aniara-Epic-Science-Fiction-Poem/dp/1885266634/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291384218&sr=1-1[/ame])
The book is not particularly long so most people could get through it I guess.

To me the English is rather advanced and I don't fully udnerstand all subtleties in it, but those of you who have English as your native tounge might.

For those of you who can't stomach going through a book on semi-rhyme, this is a pretty cool online resource where the author discusses the story in the book. Some of his conclusions and interpretations I do not share, others I do. Either way I think it might help you appreciate TGE more by spending some time with this page.

http://www.ips-planetarium.org/planetarian/articles/aniara.html

I have taken some liberties in the name of artistic freedom in my rendition of this novel, as I felt it necessary to keep the story progressing in an at least somewhat understandable fashion, with the limited space (no pun intended) I had at my disposal.

Thank you all for your interest!
It was a lot of hard work and I really appreciate your kind support!

I found the English interpretation in my University library. Even as a native English speaker, it's quite difficult to follow at times, i'm only 40 pages in atm though

I got interested as well. But my "books to read" list is quite long and im very busy these days, so don't know if i'll get to it anytime soon. I might soon order myself a copy though :)

This definitely has peaked my interest... I'm not drawn to science fiction, but the fact that it's written like an epic poem has me wanting to read it...

A useless bit of info - I'm currently engrossed in the PRB (Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood) and D.G. Rossetti's poems are phenominal as much at Milais and Hunt's paintings are visually astounding... I wish I painted HALF as well as they did...