The Great Escape

CardinalBlack

New Metal Member
Dec 31, 2012
I just want to thank Seventh Wonder for making the greatest song that I have ever listened to. At first i wasnt sure how i would get into a 30 minute song, and where i would find the time to listen to it all the way through. But once i decided to do it.. Unbelievable. I fell in love with it instantly. I mean, its 11 am here and i have already listened to it TWICE. I am seriously considering naming my daughter Aniara. And of course, as soon as I get a credit card i am going to order the poem, i just have to have it.

So thank you Seventh Wonder for making, in my opinion, the greatest metal song ever.

It's passe, but I'll keep the count and third that. :D
I am seriously considering naming my daughter Aniara.
So I'm not the only one? :lol: It would make a lovely name, and the poem is incredible! You'll probably find the best price on amazon.com if you're patient. That's where I got mine. :)

It's always difficult to pick something like "greatest song ever", but to be honest I can't really think of many songs other than The Great Escape that are worthy of the title.

One of the best things about it is that even though it's a very long song, it's still one of those songs that I'm never not in the mood to listen to. I've listened to it a lot more times than other songs of similar length that I think are great, just because I need to be in a special frame of mind to want to put those songs on. Pretty much any time I've got at least half an hour available, The Great Escape is a good option.

^ THIS. That's the best thing about it. Usually I'm not a big fan of long songs due to the fact that so many end up with horrible lulls that make listening to them comparable to recording a movie with a camera constantly coming in and out of focus. They'll just blur out for a few minutes and then it'll get past the lull and I'll be like "huh, what? Oh." That never happens with The Great Escape, it holds you from beginning to end. :D Absolutely perfect.

don't think the wonder guys'll do another long song. Anyway, a couple of ten-minutes songs would be appreciated

I agree. It surpasses everything.
EDIT: Everything I've heard before, I should say. Even my dear Kamelot.