To come in the near future.

Dragon Ball Z - Stephen Chow - Director & James Wong

Ghost in the Shell - Directed by Stephen Spielburg

Astroboy - CGI Animation 2009

Akira - Starring Leonardo DiCaprio

Robotech - Starring and Directed by Toby McGwier

---------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to Akira.

I am not pleased about any of this... ESPECIALLY Akira.

There is also an Old Boy remake coming which is sure to be fucking awful. The best movie to have ever been made, americanized. This shit makes me SICK.

Never seen Old Boy, heard a lot of good things though... DB movie looks like it's going to suck serious ass too :( Ghost in the Shell could be good but I hated the TV series. I demand a live action of Ninja Scroll.

I'm curious to see the outcome of some of these, especially the DB live action (since I've been waiting 5+ fucking years) and Akira. But I'm sure the most to come out of it will be disappointment.

Steve, I watched Ninja Scroll a few months ago after not seeing it in almost 10 years and I will say that back then, it was alot cooler than it is now. I would actually prefer Ghost in the Shell over Ninja Scroll nowadays. New Ghost in the Shell is pretty fucking badass though.

Edit: Holy shit I just reread your post. Spielburg is doing GitS?

I am not pleased about any of this... ESPECIALLY Akira.

I'm actually interested to see how this turns out. From the rumors I've read, it seems they're going to be adapting it from the comic rather than the movie, which would make two very different stories.

I'm curious to see the outcome of some of these, especially the DB live action (since I've been waiting 5+ fucking years) and Akira. But I'm sure the most to come out of it will be disappointment.

Steve, I watched Ninja Scroll a few months ago after not seeing it in almost 10 years and I will say that back then, it was alot cooler than it is now. I would actually prefer Ghost in the Shell over Ninja Scroll nowadays. New Ghost in the Shell is pretty fucking badass though.

Edit: Holy shit I just reread your post. Spielburg is doing GitS?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/04/14/spielberg-adapting-ghost-in-the-shell-into-live-action-3d/

Sadly, hollywood wouldn't find that awesomely funny and instead we'll be stuck with someone like Mark "Lets Ruin Yet Another IP" Wahlberg.

Sadly, hollywood wouldn't find that awesomely funny and instead we'll be stuck with someone like Mark "Lets Ruin Yet Another IP" Wahlberg.

Hard to believe but Spielberg actually picked WILL SMITH. :erk::erk:

He could eat an octopus too and it'd still be shit.

Live action Ghost in the Shell is intriguing.

aw nuts, I was hoping it was still gonna be Nic Cage. It would be so terrible SO TERRIBLE.

edit: though WILL SMITH is substantially worse.

Well, it's too early for Hollywood to start the LOTR reboot and with everything else already taken, why not water these down and make them suitable for our overprotected youth? Fucking hacks should just leave shit alone for once.