Animosity between Frank and Rob?

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but after watching the Music Of Mass Destruction DVD I got the feeling that there's a certain animosity between Frank Bello and Rob Caggiano. I'm talking about the scene where they sit around waiting to be photographed and Frankie tells Rob to take off his jacket. Maybe it's just me, but they both didn't seem happy with each other's company.
If so, could this be the reason for Frankie leaving the band and then returning after Rob's been fired?

I'm sure shit like that happens all the time with band members..... kinda' like brother and sister bickering. It's probably meaningless.

DumbAss said:
I'm sure shit like that happens all the time with band members..... kinda' like brother and sister bickering. It's probably meaningless.
Have you seen a major family fallout? My mum and uncle trade blows then dont speak for about 2 years. Bands fall out, but have to keep it together because the other people are helping to bring in the money. When you depend on 4 other guys for your income i imagine that arguments get very heated.
And i read something in an interview with Spitz that led me to believe he and Bush didnt get on.
Not that it matters, cos' REAL anthrax was with Bush/Caggiano.:D

jdelpi said:
Frankie just likes to bust people's balls. He doesn't mean anything by it.
Frank and Rob used to share rooms on the road, and they're still good friends.
Not only that, but when I was hanging with Anthrax in St. Louis a couple years ago Frank and Rob went to a movie together. And I hung out in the mall with the two of them. They are good friends.
As Justin said, Frankie just likes to bust people's balls.

If I read into it - I think it was just one moment plus Frank needed to get out and do the Helmet thing, it could have been frustration in general.

I agree, I think Frank is a raging Italian like myself. He probably loves all those guys but, like myself, he has to be a dick to people to show affection. Any wop would agree with me, it's just how things are. I'm gonna go eat some stuffed shells.

ps. I can imagine Dan not liking John. Tough Nuts Dan, you are crazy and Bush isn't.

I've just heard of an animosity between Frank and Charlie, which led Frank to leave the band back then. No word on Frank and Rob though.

johnnieCzech said:
I've just heard of an animosity between Frank and Charlie, which led Frank to leave the band back then. No word on Frank and Rob though.
I've heard the same thing, a fight between Frank and Charlie, and Charlie kick Frank's ass out of the band!
I'm glad Frank is back. If John and Rob could be back too, the dream team would be complete like it should be! :Smug: :D :Spin: :loco: :tickled: :) :dopey:

How the fuck is Rob part of the true Anthrax? :hotjump:

So even though he was in there from 2003 - 2005 he still is considered part of the true Anthrax?

What makes him so good?

Greg Walls was in anthrax from 1981 - 1983 but he isn't considered the true Anthrax :D

Silent_Scream said:
How the fuck is Rob part of the true Anthrax? :hotjump:

So even though he was in there from 2003 - 2005 he still is considered part of the true Anthrax?

What makes him so good?

Greg Walls was in anthrax from 1981 - 1983 but he isn't considered the true Anthrax :D

Correction. Rob was there from 2001 to 2005. He co-produced the Anthrax album that Charlie, Scott, Frank and John consider to be their best album ever. He played two of the most important gigs with the band, the NY Steel Benefit for the NYC Firefighters and the Dimebag Memorial Show. He was very close to all of the band members and Scott said he was the best guitarist he has ever played with. He was very open with and accessible to the fans (more than any other member probably).

NP: Rush - All the World's a Stage

Ok my mistake. Dude the amount of shit Scott says is pretty amazing... he stirs up a lot of controversy too so i am not suprised he gives Rob praise... but does he still Praise him now he's out?

And about playing those shows, even Spitz or Paul Crook would of played those shows bro... then would they be part of the true Anthrax?

Other than that..... alright i understand about WCFYA and how they said it's their best album... big deal though dude.

Saying Rob is a part of the True Anthrax is a big statement in my books. With no Offence to Rob himself.

Alot of different people are going to have alot of different opinions on who they think is part of true anthrax lineup, as well as who the true anthrax vocalist is :erk: You can disagree with them, but you're gonna struggle to get them to change their views.