Annihilator rips off Black Sabbath?

Yeah...I really don't like "Practice What You Preach" at all...guitar solo on the opener is great though. Scolnick is a great player.

I agree that Skolnick is an excellent player, I loved the Legacy and thought The New Order, PWYP, and SOB were decent as well. The only thing I dont like about skolnick is his tone, something about it irritates me, to me it lacks somethings

I agree that Skolnick is an excellent player, I loved the Legacy and thought The New Order, PWYP, and SOB were decent as well. The only thing I dont like about skolnick is his tone, something about it irritates me, to me it lacks somethings

Absolutely!!! It's very thin and raspy...it never really cuts through...like every shred of mid is scooped out or something...I can't put my finger on it...or my ear either. It doesn't record well.

"Alice In Hell" is probably their best, but you should pick up a greatest hits if you want to get into them, after AIH, most of their albums just had a few amazing songs with a lot filler in the middle.

Anyways, I'll have to check out the song, Annihilators pretty much over now anyways, they were great, but they've just been going down hill lately. I'm waiting for Jeff to put out a solo album or something, because Dave Padden pretty much killed Annihilator.

It tells you a lot about a band when their best album is their first...and that was nearly 20 years ago. So much for creative growth.

Alice In Hell sounds so dated...especially with that horrible singer.

From Never, Neverland...Imperiled Eyes...good solo!!!

It tells you a lot about a band when their best album is their first...and that was nearly 20 years ago. So much for creative growth.

Alice In Hell sounds so dated...especially with that horrible singer.

"Never, Neverland"'s a pretty tight album, too. "Carnival Diablos" and "Waking the Fury" weren't bad either other than the terrible guitar tone. But yeah, after that they just went into an endless loop of albums of self-parodies (and on occasional COMPLETE rip-off of Sabbath or Slayer) :loco: