Annihilator - Waking The Fury

Notuern

Bloody vaginal belch
Oct 20, 2007
Ok, I never listened much to the later Annihilator stuff, but im in love with Schizo Deluxe.
But seriously, what the flying fuck is going on with the guitars on Waking The Fury!?!?? :puke:

Annihilator have always had badass guitartones, but when I hear this record I sorta feel like punching a hole in my eardrum just to get rid of the nasty sounds. :erk:
Does anyone have a clue about what was going on in Jeff's mind when he made this piece of rotten garbage?

I'll have to check that out. Yeah, after his first couple of albums, he really went for a ultra dry-and-scooped thing with way too much gain IMO. I recall liking some of the tones on Set the World On Fire (like on 'The Edge'), despite the terrible singer and dumb lyrics.

I'll have to check that out. Yeah, after his first couple of albums, he really went for a ultra dry-and-scooped thing with way too much gain IMO. I recall liking some of the tones on Set the World On Fire (like on 'The Edge'), despite the terrible singer and dumb lyrics.

The first three records are f-ing awesome, then everything is pretty "meh" untill Waking The Fury, that is such an horrible production I cant even comprehend how bad it is, and then the records get "meh" again untill Schizo Deluxe.
The thing with the guitartone on Wakin The Fury is that it sounds like a bad preamp run directly into the mixer.