Annihilator

Jeff Waters... that's the guys name. I always forget it. That man is a true master of shreddology.

Should Double Live Annihilation be my first album? I'm thinkin' I should find some older stuff first.

Annihilator is one of my all time thrash favorites. The only album I think lacks a little something is Set the World Onfire. Everything else by Waters is simply amazing. Just imagine how good this band would be if Waters found a steady group of guys including a voalist who stuck around or didn't get fired. I know Jeff fired Comeau just a few months ago. I think the best place to start with this band is Alice in Hell then venture into the newer albums like Waking the Fury and Carnival Diablos. Everything is good but Alice in Hell is a masterpiece especially for a debut album.

Annihilator are a killer band. I've liked them since Alice In Hell. Remember the video for "Alison Hell"? Never Neverland doesn't get the recognition is deserves. There's a lot of good songs on it besides the single/video "Stonewall".

Speed: That's pretty much what I was thinking. When I come across a band that I like this much, I usually like to start from the beginning if I can. Thanks for the tip.

Remains, Criteria for a Black Widow are very good first CDs to get, but I would most recommend King of the Kill -- You'll get a couple of cool slower songs along with ones that fuckin' rip!

TheShadowfiend said:
Annihilator are a killer band. I've liked them since Alice In Hell. Remember the video for "Alison Hell"? Never Neverland doesn't get the recognition is deserves. There's a lot of good songs on it besides the single/video "Stonewall".

Stonewall is actually the worst song on that album.

Alice In Hell, Never Neverland and Carnival Diablos are all quite good (Alice In Hell even excellent) but the other stuff they've made isn't that good.

Holy fuck is that a raw band! Those may be the nastiest riffs I've ever heard.

You haven't heard much then, have you? The 80's had lots of thrash acts that were rawer and had nastier riffs.

MacMoney said:
You haven't heard much then, have you? The 80's had lots of thrash acts that were rawer and had nastier riffs.

Heheh. Well that depends on to whom I'm being compared, eh? I've only really been listening to metal for a couple of years. I've heard enough to know raw as fuck when I hear it, though. :]