announce your band here

Cerulean said:
Here's a preview of my track http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=64A119E42C10983C
Please note that this is an early version. The guitars will be re-recorded cos it's not well played, and production will be better.
I'll also add bass and vocals.
Cerulean,man this is really good stuff,congratulations...The only thing is some parts are too much repetitive IMO.But that's a choice of course this doesn't make the stuff bad...And IMO you shouldn't growl on this and you shouldn't even do the vocals if you're not a singer,I mean just wait and find someone who can do it properly,cos your stuff is too good to be wasted...My band's singer would fit in perfectly but that's a shame that Turkey is too far ha;)But these are all my opinions of course,keep up the good work man...

Melancholic death metal as the signature says:

http://www.dismay.cjb.net

We try to achieve a mix between extreme and melodic stuff. To my ears we sound maybe something like Emperor mixed with new Katatonia, and Dark Tranquillity with an old Sentenced kick to it. The other guys might disagree though...

The newest demo was done in the beginning of 2005, hopefully we get a new one out before the end of the year. Oh, and got our myspace page finally done.

http://www.myspace.com/dismay42

I'm the bassist, so I don't actually do any playing in the band ;) I just try to look good on stage, and I do handle most of the lyrics and all the cover-arts, webpages and other graphic stuff.

the mourner13 said:
Cerulean,man this is really good stuff,congratulations...The only thing is some parts are too much repetitive IMO.But that's a choice of course this doesn't make the stuff bad...And IMO you shouldn't growl on this and you shouldn't even do the vocals if you're not a singer,I mean just wait and find someone who can do it properly,cos your stuff is too good to be wasted...My band's singer would fit in perfectly but that's a shame that Turkey is too far ha;)But these are all my opinions of course,keep up the good work man...
Thanks mate

@ affinityband
Dude I haven't heard the vocals yet but I must say that I liked it...And I don't like progressive stuff and Opeth normally...But yours is a bit different I really liked it...

shit, no one's checkin' my band i guess i suck, and i accept it wich is worse than that

I must say some of you are really talented imo... You will know who exactly cause I sent you friend requests on MySpace :) Unfortunately I don't know when we'll finish our page there, we've got not that much to upload so far... But speaking of MySpace, it's a promotional thread anyway...
I would like you to check out the following page:
www.myspace.com/theforsaken666
It's not my band, but I do really care for these guys for some reasons :) Classical swedish death/ thrash. Many of you have listened to it already probably, but if you didn't and you liked it, please, add them in your friends list. Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys thanks for commenting the stuff. Hmm your right it is very Opeth influenced. That track anyway, im working on a new one at the moment that isnt so opeth, which is a good thing for me. But yeah the untitled track is really an audition for clean vocals. i need them badly, boy or girl. I recorded it in my house.

The other songs before that were done over a year ago in a studio as a band.

the mourner13 said:
@affinityband again:)
shit fantastic clean vocals...death vocals are good too...

Ha thank you, i shall tell harry( hes a prodigy acoustic guitar player and singer, hes doing his own solo stuff now...Maybe in the future i can force him to do some stuff ha.) Death vox are me but they are alot deeper now. I sound a little young when i did those roars. ha. much love x

Cerulean said:
I'm working on a full song for my Katatonia tribute/rip off band. We have 12 finished songs (without vocals though) and I'm recording one of my newest tracks on my computer, it'll be the first song with vocals.
Drums 40 % complete, guitars are finished but I'm re-recording them completely after the drums are done cos they can use some improvement.
Bass and vocals 0% but shouldn't take that long.

I'm gonna open my own dedicated thread though cos it's just too important :cool:

Very curious!