Announcing guitar raffle winner; a very unique lady

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Recently reunited U.S. cult metallers Blacksmith made their first public appearance at Progpower XII festival held on September 16 and 17th in Atlanta, Georgia. Along with the band’s appearance a guitar raffle was held courtesy of Heaven and Hell Records and Dean Guitars. On behalf of the label, Blacksmith, and Dean Guitars we like to congratulate the winner and a very special lady.

BlacksmithMemaandJeremy.jpg

(Evelyn Smith, Blacksmith, and H&H Records owner J. Golden)

Louise Smith (aka Mema) has been attending the annual Progpower Festival since 2001 only missing installment and she has become a regular and familiar favorite at the events. The 81 year old Smith began going to concerts with her son Gary back in the 70s seeing bands like Ted Nuget and Aerosmith and she has been rockin since.
“I started going with my son and his friends when he was fourteen” – Smith
The drawing was held on the evening of September 17th and the winner was announced via Facebook, Twitter, and cellphone. However Smith had mistakenly given her home number instead of her cell phone so a staff member went to find Smith where she can normally be found rockin out to the bands on the bill.
“When she came to find me I just could not believe I won”. –Smith
After the band on stage ended Louise and son Gary Smith came to the Heaven and Hell Records table to collect her guitar and an additional package of the H&H Records entire catalog.

ElliotsignsautographforMema.jpg

(Elliot Madre singer of Praetorius signing CD for Mema)

“It is a beautiful piece, I’m going to take guitar lessons now” – Smith
On behalf of Dean Guitars, Blacksmith and the staff of Heaven and Hell Records we congratulate you Evelyn and applaud your longevity, you are the essence of rock n roll.

Couldn't happen to a nicer lady. What a great moment... and like I said elsewhere, don't be surprised if she comes back next year whalin' away on the guitar. I can see it now. :Smokin:

Thanx to Jeremy and Jamie of H&H for setting up the raffle. :worship: