Another day, another Oz tour announced.........

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
from blabbermouth......

Australian melodic power metal band BLACK MAJESTY will support HELLOWEEN on the Sydney and Melbourne dates of their Australian tour. The details are as follows:

Feb. 28 - Sydney, AUS @ The Metro (w/ PAIN DIVISION)
Feb. 29 - Melbourne, AUS @ The Forum (w/ VANISHING POINT)

BLACK MAJESTY recently returned from their European tour where the band launched its new album, "Tomorrowland", at major heavy metal festivals, including Wacken Open Air in Germany, Masters of Rock in the Czech Republic and Metal Universe in Slovakia.

Helloween is also playing Brisbane, Feb 26 with VP and Sedition.

423px-Helloweentour.jpg

I would have gone a few years ago but I've lost interest in them since The Dark Ride, or whatever it was called. I would have been there in a flash after Better Than Raw.

Yeah, they're a strange bunch. I really liked the first few albums they did with Deris though. And Keeper 2 is tops, but apart from that... very hit and miss, I'm afeared.

I think the main issue for me is Helloween always had that pumpkin, jokey thing going on, while Gamma Ray were always more serious (at least with their 'branding' if you know what I mean).

Mind you, I never really got into either of them, but found Helloween's Live in the UK EP quite fun.

I've just never really gotten into all that hyper-speed happy-sounding bullshit they do, and yet I really enjoy Gamma Ray and they pretty much do the same thing, so that's kind of weird.
Yeah I'm the same, dude, The Dark Ride slays. I do have Keeper here which I listen to from time to time but I'd sooner reach for Somewhere out in space or Land of the Free though.

Another Kai Hansen project that I also really dig is early Iron Savior, thats posibly a tiny step further in aggression, Unification is a killer album. :headbang:

The Dark Ride and Rabbit Don't Come Easy are both fucking incredible!
:headbang::headbang:

I'll be there for sure! I'm with Sydo on The Dark Ride and Rabbit Don't Come Easy. Great stuff.

I thought they'd be coming out, as they're playing Jakarta just before then.