Another dog thread...

Nightshade said:
Most totally awesome -- Lioness and Shrike win! Tinkerbell is a rescue pup, herself. She was abused by a pack of wild children, mismanaged by a single parent and then eventually abandoned at the vet. Her name was "Trouble". Now she's my helper Grrrrrrl and a very pretty princess! (just ask her!) Tink gives Lioness a 3 bark salute!

awww thanks!!!
I love rescue dogs or people who rescue dogs ;)

You know, speaking of rotties, I really hate the fact that they get bad name... those dogs are soooo sweet and with great characters, and I'm so sick
of people who get them to "fight" or to guard the house and leave them outside all day... Its not the dog that is mean, its the owner that is BAD.

Pet peeves when it comes to dogs (and cats)

* people who get a dog and have no time to take care of it
* people who only like "pure breed" dogs
* people who compare cats and dogs. I mean, just because both walk on 4 legs doesn't mean they are the same... Dogs are like children, innocent and they will love you no matter what. and cats for me are amazing, you need to earn their love and they are so smart, they will trick a dog in no time haha :lol:. two different things!!!!
* people who buy walmart brand dog food :rolleyes: thats right, just kill your dog while you're at it, why don't you.
* people who abandon blind/ death/ cripple/ sick dogs :(
* yuppie assholes who look at me funny when my cool mutt dares to sniff their precious tiny winy well dresses toy dog
*people who never take their dog for a walk and think that the back yard is enough (you won't believe how many people like that are out there)

what else? help me here NightShade :cool:

Dead_Lioness said:
AWWW! My favorite subject :)
dogs! <3 !

All of your dogs are so cute!!! I wish I could meet them in person I love meeting dogs... they always sense who loves them (and thats ME!!!!!)

I grew up with Ridgebacks all my life.
Lion Hunters! hehehe
jack-startfoto.jpg

this is my Pier... R.I.P
Pier_sleeping.jpg

But I was always a fan of mutts.... or dogs that no one wants... those are usually my favorite... when I went to the shelter to pick up Shrike (and I actually went to look at the cats.... but Shrike picked me)
I said that if there will be any blind/ cripple/ old dog there that no one wants I'll take him/ her. I looked, but all the dogs were healthy and happy
and some of them were already scheduled to go to homes,
but then I saw Shrike (at the shelter they named him Banjo - HAHA!)
and he was in the corner, and wasn't very friendly, and the girl at the
shelter told me she thinks he's in shock from being in a shelter (he was only 3 months old) and the minute I leaned and looked in his cage he noticed me,
looked at me, sniffed the air and run to me and started licking my face...
the girl who worked there said: "wow! he has never done that!"
so you see... he picked me.
My shapless mutt that I love so much :)

Shrikster1.JPG

Shrike_me.JPG

This is the red pig that Derick and Cara brought him
ShrileSleep.JPG

Sleeping position
poochie1.JPG

poochie2.jpg

poochie3.JPG
that is definately one of the cutest pupps I've ever seen:)

My Brother had a Ridgeback named Kimba. They had to put her down, she had gotten very old and was sick with Cancer.

She was suuuuuuuuch a nice dog, she didn't bark, it was so cute.

Here was this HUGE dog and it would get all ready to let loose some sort of deafening roar and then........pooooof, barely a cough would come out.

Dead_Lioness said:
what else? help me here NightShade :cool:

OK, I will!

*pulls up soap box and begins to pontificate*

--People who own a dog that weighs less than 30 pounds and figure, therefore, it must not need any training... or manners... or discipline of any kind.
--People who leave small children unattended with any animal, to torture it as they see fit.
--People who decide to get married and have children, and "have to" get rid of their dog to do so. (WTF?!!!)
--People with no intention to breed their animals who nevertheless do not spay or neuter them.
--Backyard breeders.
--People who breed, but do not rescue.
--Every add ever posted that reads: "Free to good home". :puke:
--People who swing hard to the other side and figure a well trained dog is an atomaton and a "proper" alpha is an untouchable god (no love).
--People who group together in snobby mock terror when Tink and Star arrive in the "play circle" at the doggie park.

*steps down off soapbox*

I'm sure there's more, but I'm tapped out for now.

Nightshade said:
OK, I will!

*pulls up soap box and begins to pontificate*

--People who own a dog that weighs less than 30 pounds and figure, therefore, it must not need any training... or manners... or discipline of any kind.
--People who leave small children unattended with any animal, to torture it as they see fit.
--People who decide to get married and have children, and "have to" get rid of their dog to do so. (WTF?!!!)
--People with no intention to breed their animals who nevertheless do not spay or neuter them.
--Backyard breeders.
--People who breed, but do not rescue.
--Every add ever posted that reads: "Free to good home". :puke:
--People who swing hard to the other side and figure a well trained dog is an atomaton and a "proper" alpha is an untouchable god (no love).
--People who group together in snobby mock terror when Tink and Star arrive in the "play circle" at the doggie park.

*steps down off soapbox*

I'm sure there's more, but I'm tapped out for now.

wow total agreement! :kickass:
Especially on the no-spade-nueter part!!!
People don't know how bad it is for dogs, not to get fixed IF they are not going to breed.
They are in pai, both males and females.... :mad: Not their fault though...
sadly we domesticated dogs so much :/