Another Drop A test! please comment!

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
Yeah, so I'm kinda inspired because of my new tuning and all, so I came up with this... still VERY incomplete, but sounds promising, IMO... what do you think?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6591590

Messed a bit with the snare... and yeah, there's no bass in there yet, my bass needs new strings so playint it right now is pretty uninspiring, so I left it like this for a little... guitars may sound a tad buzzy because of that, tho...

Recorded with the usual, POD xt and Addictive Drums

thanks for listening!

I like the guitar tone. I like how these drums sound too. Never heard of Addictive Drums...guess I better research!
Thank you! I am still running the demo, actually! IMO, best free drum software for Mac (the demo, that is)

That sounded really damn good to me!! Nice and tight! What setting on the pod? please elaborate....
Thanks a lot! http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/rex_rocker/Picture1-2.jpg this is my usual (Drop D) patch, only thing I changed for Drop A was the mic model to the 67 Condenser.

I'm using GarageBand lol. I have a lopass and hipass on guitars at 12KHz (I think) and 50Hz. That's about it... only times I use the GarageBand built-in effects are on vocals, to which I add the stock reverb, delay, compression, pitch-correction and EQ, but there are no vocals on this one... so...

Mastering was done using the Izotope Ozone demo plug-in... yeah, I know, I'm cheap, I'm still running the demo (that's why things suddenly shut off completly at parts), hopefully someday I'll run the full version! :)

I use reaper and i like it. I just got makie traction3 but am still learning it, oh the joy. I think ill keep sticking to reaper, does everything i need it to do and its free. So do you record via usb or use the 1/4 inch outs to your comp?

I have reaper installed on my computer as well, but haven't gotten around to use it... GarageBand does not give me everything I need, but I'm so used to it it would be hard letting it go... I need to get myself Logic or something...

I record via USB, I use the re-amping feature A LOT, actually

easy! you go to control pannel (if you're using windows, system preferences if you're you're using mac) and then go to Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices. There, you choose the Inputs and Recording menu and where its says 'Audio Signal Routing' you should choose 'Send Clean guitar', that way, you record the dry signal. Then, I don't know how it would be done in your DAW, but on GarageBand, I select the POD as both the audio input and output, go back to Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices window and select 'Send Re-Amp Playback'. Then you select the dry signal you recorded to be the only track sounding and... well, press record on a new track... that's it...

There's more info on re-amping somewhere around this forum, so make sure to check that too.