Short Lamb of God cover... please rate!

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
So I spent this morning recoring this... damn... this is a HARD song!

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6948878

What do y'all think of it? The drums are the Addictive Drums demo, guitars and bass are POD XT

I think the vocals were too carelessly recorded, tho... there are some slight timing issues here and there... that and the fact that I recorded them using my computer's built-in mic, lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for listening!

Thanks! I updated the clip! lowered the bass a little and removed the vocals... they were TOO subpar, giving it a few more listens...

Goddamn, the amount of times I've heard this song through playing a cover of it with my band...
Ughh haha.
Good job though, just literally like 2 notes that weren't correct, but minor issues.
Seems a tad slow, but my band always played it fairly quickly. The original is actually pretty slow so when I hear covers that are dead on to the ACTUAL speed my brain just throws a huge ass temper tantrum and tells me it's all wrong. But I know that's just me.
The only notes that were wrong were during the main riff that gets played over the breakdown and during the "IF THERE WAS A SINGLE DAY I COULD LIVE" part.

the main riff:

Code:
  e|--------------------------------------------|
  b|--------------------------------------------|
  g|--------------------------------------------|
  d|----------------3---------------------------|
  a|-----6-5-3--------5-6-----------------------|
  d|-000-------000--------000-8-5-4-5-6-5-8-5-6-|
pm   ...       ...        ...
You play 865 (last three notes) rather than 856.

And the other one I noticed but I can't be bothered to go back and listen to it because it's 3am and I'm tired as fuck and you most likely don't give a fuck anyway haha.

Nice job though dude, sounds good.
Nice tone too for a POD

thanks, yeah, I noticed that right after I finished recording, but the song was a bith for me to record so I kinda left it like that, lol... thanks a lot, man!

Sure thing, man! I don't know how to upload them, but just give my username 'Rex Rocker' a search in here http://line6.com/customtone/library/index.html (all my patches, lead, rythm, bass, clean, crunch are available in there) :)

BTW, I wasn't really going for a Lamb of God tone. I just used my usual patch, I was going for a fatter/more lower-mid oriented tone with just a hint of djent, which happend to turn out decent for a Lamb of God cover, lol.

Thanks a lot dudes!