• Other

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

plfffffft

Madly in anger with you
Apr 2, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If you guys don't mind, which one of these songs do you think my band should cover? We're not ready to play out yet(no drummer), but we wanna start practicing as much as we possibly can, and right now, we're only gonna play one or two covers. so you're input is greatly appreciated:)

plfffffft said:
If you guys don't mind, which one of these songs do you think my band should cover? We're not ready to play out yet(no drummer), but we wanna start practicing as much as we possibly can, and right now, we're only gonna play one or two covers. so you're input is greatly appreciated:)

I say cover Sepultura's Desperate Cry, My band covers it and it rules to play live-well maybe not for the drummer, our poor drummer is always so fuckin winded after that song. :tickled:

I voted Caught In A Mosh cos it's a fun tune to play, whereas Creeping Death is bloody boring.
If I was you, though, I'd play Raining Blood because the opening riff is SO well known and it grabs you by the fucking balls as soon as it starts.

takinthedickuptheass. creeping death boring? your an fn idiot! I thought you post at the metallica boards too? Yet you never have anything positive to say. Not even about their 80's material/ Ahh well why am i arguing. Your an fn russian commie

I've got you on ignore but I read your "post" cos I thought it would be towards me. I never said the song itself is boring, stupid. I said it's BORING TO PLAY. Which I think it is, although it is a great song from a great album.
I loved Metallica until Load, and even Load and Reload were decent. St Anger is a fucking joke.
As for the commie thing - I'm from Scotland as it clearly says under my avatar - or are you too thick to notice it.
BTW Don't reply to this - I've got you on ignore remember. Dickhead. :lol:

I think Ace of Spades would be very cool to do. It is just one of those songs where you can be as sloppy as you want and it still kicks and it is just a fun song. - Whoops, that's a run on.

Oh, and you get to be really loud - as if you couldn't with anything else.

A couple other songs we've been thinking about:
Got the Time by Anthrax(I know its Anthrax covered it in the first place, but it's just way too much fun NOT to play
I'm the Man(Again, fun as hell. So why the fuck not?)
Goliaths Disarm their Davids by In Flames
Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity
Maybe something by Testament
Maybe something by Iced Earth if we can get a good enough singer.

And, once we're a complete band and we're as tight as possible, I really wanna cover Dyers Eve.

Out of the original list, I'm kinda leaning toward Caught in a Mosh. Cuz I've been to a lot of local shows, seeing my friend's bands play, and the kids their love to fucking mosh, so I wanna play something that basically says "Alright, I wanna see some old-school Circle Pit shit Right fuckin now!":p

And I'd love to cover Raining Blood, but seriously, it's been done to death. Almost every time a band decides to cover a Slayer song live, it's always, ALWAYS Raining Blood. Fuck, I even saw Sum 41 playing the breakdown part of it on MTV one night.

But if we were to cover Raining Blood, it would have to be done right, and that means playing Postmortem as well.

I can totally drum Angel Of Death. At least I could three months ago.

I voted Caught in A Mosh, but Blinded by Fear(ATG) is always a cool choice.

On my thread, everyone chose One over Hallowed Be Thy Name, so you guys could try that...

:loco: I think that you should use a more unknown cover because if you do it well then you could make it your own as Metallica have done with so many covers also as Megadeth did with an Alice Cooper number i think it should be something like Testaments "Souls of black or The Legacy"