Another "live" tracked clip (from the same project as I posted before)

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
This is a different song, but it's the same band I'm mixing and mastering that recorded all live.

There are pops and clicks here and there.

I set up the mastering chain IN the mix, and I had a shit ton of stuff running alll together. Then I was editing and messing with stuff as I was running this through the finalizer, so you can hear clicks when I change parameters on stuff.

Just a rough mix, anyway, so I didn't think much of it.

Anyway, I worked a bit to tame the bleed in the tom mics to try and alleviate the crazy loud cymbals...still loud, but I didn't want to kill the vibe too much.

http://geetarguy.tripod.com/blink.mp3

Beta 52 on the kick, with a good helping of EQ and compression. Snare was 57 on top and bottom. I compressed both tracks, with the bottom being about 2dB lower in level than the top. I EQ'd out a good bit of ring and boosted the low mids a bit. Toms were miked with AT's, not sure what. OH's I think were AT LDC's, not sure. There were also a couple room mics, LDC's, but I'm not sure what type. I got to the studio after the stuff was set up and they were tracking...All instruments in one room, so bleed has been an issue.