Another new toy but I blame W

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
Yep I am a gear geek.
In discussing gear with W offline, I decided to swing by the local bass boutique shop to do an on ear check of some cabinets we were discussing.

Plugged into this Epifani UL 1X12 and was like :OMG: It has the kind of low end response that ate my Eden Nemesis for lunch so I had to get one. The real beautiful part. That cabinet is only 30 lbs. :headbang: It rivals my 60 lb 2X10. The sound is so clean you can eat off it. :lol: I didn't think I would ever replace that Eden but I have. :kickass:

Jim

1K400RB.jpg

I can picture you and Wanda now , each lying awake in bed , wondering who's got the most musical toys and what to do about it....

:p :p :p

Tap_Legion2 said:
I can picture you and Wanda now , each lying awake in bed , wondering who's got the most musical toys and what to do about it....

I have far, far, far more stuff than can possibly be justified, but music gear is fun. For what I need that Epi and a single bass would do me.

I have. *counting*.....*counting*....way too much stuff. :erk: :erk:

Wanda could come to play in SD and if she forgot anything I have her covered.

Jim

Air Raid Siren said:
So that's what you told your wife? "It'll take up less room, honey, yea, that's right -that's why I had to buy it!" You got a good one with her, Jim! :lol:

Yep Aja, she is a good one to humor my gear geekiness.

It was a gear shuffle really. :erk: :saint: Spacewise nothing changed. One guitar amp gone from storage and one from the house both traded to Guitar Center for a Sansamp BDDI, 2 guitar amps and one bass amp to storage from the closets to make room for the Epifani.

I'm not sure if my wife notices or just :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at the shuffling in and out of amps.

Let me bring another bass in the house though :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow:

The life of a gear geek is rough. :lol:

Jim

spideyjg said:
Yep Aja, she is a good one to humor my gear geekiness.

I'm not sure if my wife notices or just :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at the shuffling in and out of amps.

Let me bring another bass in the house though :yow: :yow: :yow: :yow:

The life of a gear geek is rough. :lol:

Jim

The good thing about being single is that a person can keep buying a bunch of music gear and no one is there to piss and moan..."What the hell do you need another guitar for!!".....:OMG:

nlukes said:
The good thing about being single is that a person can keep buying a bunch of music gear and no one is there to piss and moan..."What the hell do you need another guitar for!!".....:OMG:

Yea, that's one good thing, but I could think of something else too.

spideyjg said:
Yep I am a gear geek.
In discussing gear with W offline, I decided to swing by the local bass boutique shop to do an on ear check of some cabinets we were discussing.

Plugged into this Epifani UL 1X12 and was like :OMG: It has the kind of low end response that ate my Eden Nemesis for lunch so I had to get one. The real beautiful part. That cabinet is only 30 lbs. :headbang: It rivals my 60 lb 2X10. The sound is so clean you can eat off it. :lol: I didn't think I would ever replace that Eden but I have. :kickass:

Jim

1K400RB.jpg

Just picked up new Schroeder cabinets. Can't wait to use them. Here's a link for more info: www.schroedercabinets.com. Let me know if you know anyone who wants my old gear (the SWR stuff-I'm going to keep my Acoustic 370 and cab).
W :)

Steph Harris said:
Just picked up new Schroeder cabinets. Can't wait to use them.

Once W has the whole rig we laid out, a Maidens show will be a seismic event. :kickass: :kickass:

Can't wait until the 4th.

Jim

The "That old thing? I've had that forever." line sometimes works-haha.
W

That is why it was a gear shuffle. :saint: Some stuff goes out of sight other stuff comes into sight. :lol:

The scary part is Marcy said she was gonna go rearrange the storage unit. :yow: :confused: :yell:

She sees the whole stash and........:Shedevil: :eek:

I'm gonna be sooo busted. :erk:

Jim

Steph Harris said:
No contest. I think Jim would win.

Uh uh, I don't have any upright stuff. I know people who have more stuff.

:err: :err: :err: Um, :erk: your not buying it are you? My wife doesn't either. :lol:

Jim

This is a shot with my coffin bass.

rig006.jpg

Steph Harris said:
Let me know if you know anyone who wants my old gear (the SWR stuff-I'm going to keep my Acoustic 370 and cab).

The old SWR gear is a Grand Prix preamp, Like this one on Evilbay

Stereo 800 power amp, no pictures or links to specs but they are...
• 350 watts/channel stereo (4 ohms), 800 watts RMS mono bridged (4 ohms).
• Separate Left and Right Volume Controls and LED Dot Bar Display.
• Balanced XLR and Unbalanced 1/4" Inputs.
• Ground Lift for XLR Inputs, Left and Right Slave Outputs.
• Thermostatically Controlled Fan, Speakon and 1/4" Output Jacks.
• Low Distortion, Low Noise and Broad PowerBandwidth.
• Dimensions: 19"W x 3.5" x 13.375"D
• Weight: 22 Lbs

and Triad cabinets.
Triads at MusiciansFiend

Just living up to the gear geek moniker. :lol:

Jim

Heh, some cool gear, I just been messing with mine.
Although not Bass, I decided to mod my BC Rich.

DSCF0563edited.jpg

Added a Seymour Dunk Pearly gates, after trialing various DiMarzio's and deciding they were just hoof, dunno why, Just didnt like em.

Now I gotta get me an Amp sorted outed, I'm sick of practice amps, Last decent amp I had was a trace elliot acoustic, which I kinda destroyed.

For now I am stuck with my trusty PC and my Line6 guitar port.

Does the job, specially with 7.1 surround speakers :headbang: o_O :headbang: