another pups discussion

Yeah, right on man. Sif the pick up has nothing to do with the feel of a guitar. Might not be the sort of difference you'd get from a different wood, construction, neck profile or hardware, but fuck me if you don't think the response, tonality and general character of a pickup don't effect the feel of an instrument when played through an amp, or at least the WAY you feel about an instrument.

You've never played a guitar without plugging it in, felt ok with it, then plugged in and hated it?

I must be alone when playing music makes me feel things beyond my fingertips.

sry had no acces to the web this week so could not answer.

WHOA! fucking good sound man! have both of you recorded these clips at home? both of you could give me one or another hint for recording and ae:p. i think the fullshred (alnico 5) is my favourite. sounds pretty much like i dont know but i like it!:headbang::headbang::headbang: also i have to admit that the distortion pu sounds pretty good.

just fuckin three weeks (and some days) to go......no money left for spending for some shit! cant wait allready.

Thanks man! Yeah, the only reason I yanked that pup out was it had a touch too much treble in my guitar in standard and for that reason didn't work for speed riffing- but man, downtuned it owns. I've kept it though to pop in another guitar down the line as I do love the overall sound.

Haha, no worries Neb, I was just yankin' ya - it's really just a semantics issue, cuz when I think of "feel," I literally only think of how a guitar "feels," in terms of tactile sensations in my hands as in how comfortable the neck shape is, the way it sits in my lap (or hangs when I stand), access to upper frets, etc. Everything one hears falls under the category of sound to me, though that being said, I can see how a poor pickup would make the guitar feel, for example, unresponsive, so you'd have to play it harder to get some sound out of it. Ah, gotta love vague terms about aesthetic attributes! :lol:

I love Seymour Duncan Distortions.. nice and bright and crunchy but articulate too. For big and beefy, SD invador. The invador sounds quite rich and warm on clean tones too.