Another sample from my incoming album - need opinions etc.

SkyMan666

How do record? \O_o/
Feb 7, 2008
Hi guys.

I'm slowly aproaching to the end of my solo project.... The clip is titled "Buried Alive" (working title ).... Because some of you guys are real experts, I would like to ask you for opinions on my mix. How does it sound?
Warning: This is not finnished mix. It needs some more work to do.

Guitars are quad tracked: 2x 5150 II and 2x ENGL PowerBall. I've put the Clayman impulse on 'em.
Drums are TD-12, that I've rented from a friend of mine, processed with EZ DFH, snare was replaced with Slate's samples....

Next step is adding vocals and synths and loops....

TIA, SkyMan

BURIED ALIVE

Hi guys.

I'm slowly aproaching to the end of my solo project.... The clip is titled "Buried Alive" (working title ).... Because some of you guys are real experts, I would like to ask you for opinions on my mix. How does it sound?
Warning: This is not finnished mix. It needs some more work to do.

Guitars are quad tracked: 2x 5150 II and 2x ENGL PowerBall. I've put the Clayman impulse on 'em.
Drums are TD-12, that I've rented from a friend of mine, processed with EZ DFH, snare was replaced with Slate's samples....

Next step is adding vocals and synths and loops....

TIA, SkyMan

BURIED ALIVE

Guitars sound excelent in my eyes!! the snare verb sounds kinda funky as do the cymbals . It sounds like the cymbals could do with a few mroe velocity layers it sounds like the same hit all the time atleast with the crashes.. where can i find this impulse?

Guitars sound excelent in my eyes!! the snare verb sounds kinda funky as do the cymbals . It sounds like the cymbals could do with a few mroe velocity layers it sounds like the same hit all the time atleast with the crashes.. where can i find this impulse?

Thanx Alan.... As I've said before, the mix is not finnished.... That includes drums, too... The impulse can be found on Sneap's FTP, kindly endorsment from Kazrog....

@FORBIDDEN: F*** man, I knew I've heard similar riff somewhere.... But couldn't figure out where, since it's been over a year from my last listening of STD... :zombie:

@jaurenis: Guitar was custom made BD-RICH Warlock NJ style with EMG's 81 & 85.... Pedals.... Hmmm.... HW--> none, SW---> Waves GTR 3 Flanger Stomp effect :)
'Bout proccessing: Nothing much, little bit of BBE's Sonic Maximizer, Waves API 560 (god I love my new toy, received it last week), UAD's Pultec PRO and IK Multimedia's CSI Room and Plate verb. Every gtr channel has it's own Voxengo Curve EQ with Clayman impulse, but EQ was slightly reduced....

Thanx for cheking this out, guys, it means a lot to me....

Let's wait for Andy now... Joke... :zombie::loco::headbang::cool:

Great sounding! F*****n Awsome. Im a Soilwork fan so this is up my alley.

I cant find Clayman impulse on the FTP. Can you tell me in wich katalog to look? Please.