Another Song Almost Complete (Orchestra Rock)

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
Update: Onqel has mixed my song!!! :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1369729/MP3/Stephen/BleedIntoMe.mp3

Please posts thoughts below!

I have been hiding a while and trying to write some songs, but Im pretty excited that we are finally starting to form an actual band instead of just my bro and I writing music.

So this is just a Im excited we have another song post but would love any feedback on song, mix, etc. Still need to iron out some kinks (2nd verse vocals, no harmonies yet, drum editing, cymbals, and other areas)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=901592&songID=9795489 = the shitty mix

Every instrument seems distant from each other which makes the mix overally weird to me, but maybe this was your intention. Vocals could go up a little bit. It has this radio-style effect, which you might want to use in some parts of the song, but not overall. Normal, in-your-face type processing would fit the style better imo.

I like the song a lot, but the mix could use some improving. The bass drum isn't very pronounced, the guitars don't blend in very well (is there phaser on them? Are they dualtracked?).

I suggest you try to EQ the individual elements more so that they don't interfere with eachother so badly, for example bass/bassdrum (I'm guessing it's the same thing I often run into, bass drum sounds great until you add bass and it loses so much power), the synths (hi pass maybe? You could automate them to be more in front at some parts and more in the back in some others).

Out of the individual elements I'd agree that drums are the weakest link, bass drum and snare mostly.

But all in all, I like the song a lot :)

Thanks for the feedback!! Glad you guys are liking the song that was what I was hoping for:Smokin:

Thanks for the feedback on the mix as well I will give this mix another shot from the ground up. I think if master Onqel has time on his hands I might have to dish over the tracks to him to mix then will repost here.:Spin:

You bastard...you're supposed to let me know when you're showing a new song! ;) You know I love your music! I haven't listened to the original mix, but I'm listening to Onqel's mix right now. The only thing that sticks out to me on the first listen: a little de-essing couldn't hurt. Especially in the 2:30-ish section. Other than that, I LOVE this. Great song, and over all, a great mix.

I don't know who's taking longer to work on their songs these days...you...or me! ;)

BTW...I still highly approve of that avatar. :D

Long time no see, Steve!

The guitars are no where near as wide as they could be for this type of song; they need more good midrange, as well.

Vocals could be a bit wetter.

You bastard...you're supposed to let me know when you're showing a new song! ;) You know I love your music! I haven't listened to the original mix, but I'm listening to Onqel's mix right now. The only thing that sticks out to me on the first listen: a little de-essing couldn't hurt. Especially in the 2:30-ish section. Other than that, I LOVE this. Great song, and over all, a great mix.

I don't know who's taking longer to work on their songs these days...you...or me! ;)

BTW...I still highly approve of that avatar. :D

Haha Thanks so much Mark!! That's awesome feedback coming from you!! :Smokin: We are attempting to go live so will be trying to finish up songs quite fast . PS.... shoot me some snippets of any songs your working and let me know how the baby is doing!

I knew you'd love that avatar :lol:

Long time no see, Steve!

The guitars are no where near as wide as they could be for this type of song; they need more good midrange, as well.

Vocals could be a bit wetter.

Thanks Greg!! Will try your advice on the song! I will be back on aim to check in with u ;) but took your advice and started learning some other stuff and jumped in lessons as well (so havent been here for awhile). Talk to you soon!