Hah 1st Song Ever in Drop Tuning - SLate, Pod Farm, Etc

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
Heads up...This is not metal! (1st draft) (and has not been mixed yet)
But this is the first time I have ever tuned down and I'm loving it!! But I need your help with structure comments. The second verse guitars... do they fit the song?(around 1:15) (if you can stand to listen that long :loco:) (oh and song takes about 5 seconds to start)

Anyways song is not done yet. No vocals yet. A few sloppy guitars, a few misprogrammed beats, and cymbals will be done with superior.

Right now its steven slate drums, pod farm, ampeg vst

In Drop Chttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=901592&songID=7573314

In Drop D http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=901592&songID=7579951 (even shittier mix, guitars too loud, drums too low, no bass after beginning parts)
Which tuning is more suited for this song?

I thought I would to Erik lol.....but guess I still got some work to do. :cry:
Also Erik I might try the same song drop d instead and then see which one comes out better..so I'll need ur thoughts on that one

Oh and did you design that banner for your myspace?

The guitars have a little low-mid mud I'm not particularly fond of. The playing is very good and I like the song as well. The Symphony needs to go down a little in volume and the guitars should be a bit brighter.

-Greg

I thought I would to Erik lol.....but guess I still got some work to do. :cry:
Also Erik I might try the same song drop d instead and then see which one comes out better..so I'll need ur thoughts on that one

Oh and did you design that banner for your myspace?

Sure, what tuning is it right now?
And yeah, I made it with PS. :loco:

BTW: Who are you, Marcus or Stephen? :lol:

I actually like the drop-C version best, it feels like the guitars is floating a little better, but did you intonate after chaning tuning? the guitars sounds a little out of tune in the lowend :\
I love how the snare sounds in the Drop-D version though :p

Sounds great! It was interesting to hear the two version in different keys. I thought the one in drop D sounded really cool in many ways, but its hard to beat the drop C version. The guitars fit a little better in the mix.

This is awesome song. Great sound. Well done. What slate drums preset you used??? What you did in general in your mix?