ANTHRAX 14 april @ 013

spacebeer

Thrash Bastard
Apr 2, 2005
www.enforcer-metal.com
So I was at the show last night in Tilburg Holland, damn damn damn.......AWESOME!

Openers were POWERVICE from HOlland, very cool NWoBHM inspired band, especially like the two first MAIDEN records with Di'Anno singing. Their demo has been very well received and they made a decent impression.

BEYOND FEAR, well not really my cuppa Tea, but I have seen a lot worse opening acts! I would have preferred OVER KILL or something. BUt this definately wasn't bad, Tim can still sream and sing very well. The songs were a very OK mixture of old school metal a la PRIEST with some newer influences like PANTERA, NEVERMORE and so on. They did a short medley from some Ripper-era PRIEST songs and an ICED EARTH song and a lotta songs from their pcoming debut album, solid performance!

Then ANTHRAX, one damn energy bolt from the beginning to the encore, setlist was:

Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
AIR
Skeletons in the Closet
Antisocial
NFL
Medusa
Indians
Be All, End All
I'm the Man
I am the Law

So about the same as the other shows :headbang: :headbang:. But shocked to see they ommitted After Shock!! I was really looking forward to hearing that song live, they still played about 85 minutes which, because of the high energy level, was acceptable. Everybody was dead on his/her feet after 85 minutes of moshpit!

The club which they played is the largest club in Holland, it wasn't sold out but it was FULL, the balcony wasn't open but downstairs it was packed must have been at least 1,500 people, about 4 times more than when I saw here on the WCFYA tour. There was a killer moshpit from the first to the last song, man I am still hurting over my whole body. Joey seemed to fit in a lot better now than last year, Danny still loooked like he was on another planet, but he seemed to really enjoy himself playing with a smile on his face the entire gig! Frankie....well....like always baging his ass off, geez I don't understand why his neck isn't worn out yet! Charlie was also kickass like always as was Scott. Musical is was darn solid, tight and vocal performance was killer, especially Medusa was awesome. Killer to hear "skeletons" live though it would have been cool if they added some more rare songs, I definately agree to the sentiment they should not tour again after this tour without new material.

But the band finally worked as a UNITY and if they remain in this form we can expect a killer new album, Joey was awesome as a frontman holding the crowd in his grip. goofing around with some guys in the front rows and stuff. But I still think ANTHRAX guitar tones SUCKED! I dunno what those guys are using but it sounded like a cheap Solid State practise amp with a BOSS Metal Zone in front, I think they should do something about it, Scott is known for some of the best rhythm tones in metal, but what happened to him lately? he was awesome stage presence wise and played tight as hell...but PLEASE do something about the guitar tone. Overall the sound was very clear and loud which of course only emphasized this problem. BUt all in all, it was ultra enjoyable, and I'll be seeing them again tonight :headbang: :headbang:

THE THRAX IS BACK!

oh, not much useable photo's but I will post what I have:

RIMG0104.jpg

RIMG0085.jpg

RIMG0111.jpg

RIMG0110.jpg

spacebeer said:
The club which they played is the largest club in Holland, it wasn't sold out but it was FULL, the balcony wasn't open but downstairs it was packed must have been at least 1,500 people, about 4 times more than when I saw here on the WCFYA tour.
Was it really less than 400 people there on WCFYA tour? That's strange 'cause I was at 3 WCFYA shows in my area, and they were packed, I mean, PACKED - balconies and everything else...

Yeah there were about 350-400 people (Nighttown Club Rotterdam not even half filled), same at some other gigs that tour in the area here. but who cares the concert last night was KILLER!

I can't wait for the gig tonight....gonna be though though two nights in a row...I was really beat after the moshpit last night.

Glad you had a good time, I had a night off inbetween the 2 shows I saw so I was refreshed for the travelling and gig. I wonder why they left out Aftershock, they played it at The Astoria in London but not at the Corporation in Sheffield.