Anthrax and Faith No More

When I saw Tool live Maynard never moved, just stood with his back to the crowd. Wierd. Good show though. The Riverfront Coliseum in the "Natti. Now the joint has some corporate name (US Bank). Incidentally, Mike Patton's "Tomahawk" opened for Tool that day. That was the maiden voyage for my CRV too. My friend Heather and I broke that little SUV in the right way too. :)

LOAroberto said:
What is Faith no More's:

Best Album?
Worst Album?
Heaviest Album?
And in their case Weirdest album?

Best Album - Angel Dust/Real Thing
Worst Album - King for a Day, Fool For a Lifetime
Heaviest Album - Tough to say, maybe Album of the Year
Weirdest Album - King for Day

Album of the Year was great album following the disaster Mr. Bungle-esque King for Day album. It had a lot of the range that was so great about the other albums. I will say that the post-Angel Dust period is my least favorite. There just didn't have the same sound after Jim Martin was booted (which sucked.)

DarbysDad said:
You guys know there was a singer before Mike Patton right.

Yeah, I dont' remember his name though. I watched them do "We Care a Lot" with Mike Patton on vocals on one of the early 90's Rock in Rio shows and it was friggen awesome.

Their cover of "Easy" by the Commodores was killer too, if you guys are open minded and like a lot of different music.

i think the dudes name was chuck mosely or somthing like that, but FNM is great. I think so many metalheds like em because like most metal FNM is under rated, but they kick ass and are just fantastic :headbang:

Yeah, the original singer was a bit fruity if I remember correctly.
Best album: King for a day...... I Don't think they made a bad album.

Rozy157 said:
Best Album - Angel Dust/Real Thing
Worst Album - King for a Day, Fool For a Lifetime
Heaviest Album - Tough to say, maybe Album of the Year
Weirdest Album - King for Day

Album of the Year was great album following the disaster Mr. Bungle-esque King for Day album. It had a lot of the range that was so great about the other albums. I will say that the post-Angel Dust period is my least favorite. There just didn't have the same sound after Jim Martin was booted (which sucked.)

I dont get it! Why the fuck do ppl hate the 'King for a day...' album so much? Its the least like the rest of FNM's albums but its still a damn good record..was always my fave of theirs. 'Album Of The Year' i thought was dissapointing.

King For A Day.... Just didn't have enough Roddy on it. I read something about him not really caring about making music back then, thus the lack of keyboards on that album. Keyboards are what I really liked most about FNM. I really didn't miss Jim Martin, I thought Jon Hudson was awesome on Album of the Year. He wrote most of Stripsearch which is my fav FNM song of all time.

Fav FNM album: Angel Dust
Worst: love em all, but gotta say King For a Day...
Heaviest: Gotta say Angel Dust, if only for the Jizzlobber song
Weirdest: Angel Dust again

FNM and Anthrax are my 2 favourite bands of all time too. It is weird that these bands seem to be linked at first glance. It must just be because they are both groundbreaking and talented bands who play good tunes

Best and Weirdest - Angel Dust. I have a hard time picking my all time favorite song from any genre, but usually Everything's Ruined is the first one that pops into my head. The one album that totally broke open my musical tastes.

Heaviest - King For a Day...Probably their most straight-forward rock album. Richochet is another one of my favorite songs. Cuckoo For Caca = :headbang:

Worst - Album of the Year. I hate calling any FNM album "worst" because it makes it sound like it wasn't good. I just think this was their least consistent release. Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes are among the best songs they've ever done.

Favorite Chuck Mosley-era song - Chinese Arithmetic

I've emailed Scott about this before, I think it would awesome if they did a Faith No More cover as one of their b-sides.

LouieFatterson said:
Best and Weirdest - Angel Dust. I have a hard time picking my all time favorite song from any genre, but usually Everything's Ruined is the first one that pops into my head. The one album that totally broke open my musical tastes.

Heaviest - King For a Day...Probably their most straight-forward rock album. Richochet is another one of my favorite songs. Cuckoo For Caca = :headbang:

Worst - Album of the Year. I hate calling any FNM album "worst" because it makes it sound like it wasn't good. I just think this was their least consistent release. Last Cup of Sorrow and Ashes to Ashes are among the best songs they've ever done.

Favorite Chuck Mosley-era song - Chinese Arithmetic

I've emailed Scott about this before, I think it would awesome if they did a Faith No More cover as one of their b-sides.

Wouldn't be far fetched. A cover of FNM. I remember Bush telling me that he thought Album of the Year was on his top list of good listens.

Angel Dust is my favorite - you just can't beat an album who has a song named Jizzlobber! I read somewhere that someone called it the weirdest album ever released by a major record company ...
All other FNM albums with Patton are great too ... The Real Thing gets overlooked sometimes but I think it kicks ass. Patton's vocals are just a bit too whiny at times but the songs rock.