Anthrax and Godsmack debut of the all new Headbangers Ball on MTV2 air dates are -

I'll be interested in seeing how much of the concert they actually air. I think Bush and Erna must have said the word "fuck" about 100 times during the night.

Darth Coitus said:
I'll be interested in seeing how much of the concert they actually air.

I know this was being filmed for headbangers ball BUT.....maybe i missed it but, i didn't see anyone confirm that MTV2 would be showing ALL of Anthrax's set, or even 1 full song. In the past, MTV would always interview the bands and just show 15 or 20 second clips of a few songs.......so i'm wondering if that's all will be shown.

I'm betting that all we'll see are just very short live "teaser" clips, which of course will be a bummer.

Ummmm.....I think Anthrax on headbanger's ball has been "bumped" to a later date.
Here is what www.rockontv.com has listed for the 1st episode of the show :

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Show:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Headbangers Ball[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Episode:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica](#001) Metallica[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Network:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica](MTV2) MTV2[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Date:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Saturday - May 10, 2003[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Time:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]10:00 pm - 12:00 am ET[/font]
clear.gif
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]About: (#001) Metallica[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Hosted by Rob Zombie w/special guest Metallica. [/font]​
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]About Headbangers Ball[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Metal fans have anxiously awaited the return of this show and we're now serving what they want on a full metal platter...with an all new host, an all new look, but the same artists and music these fans love the most... We'll super serve the metal; from Metallica and Motley Crue to Godsmack and Guns N Roses. [/font]​

Here's a review posted on another board, and the URL to it :
http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=004381

OK, so both bands kicked ass at the headbanger's ball party...but one problem. I saw ONE CAMERA, at the soundboard. How the fuck did MTV expect to film it right with only one camera?! There was one more I believe down close to the lefthand side of the stage, because during Godsmack, it showed them from that angle on the screen above...but still, that was a shitty, crooked shot. both Anthrax and Godsmack played 45 mins each....but actually Godsmack played LESS...way shorter, like 30 minutes and people were still standing there after the drumset was completely dismantled expecting an encore and wouldn't leave LOL. Godsmack sounded great, but Anthrax overall kicked their ass. Anyone wondering how good Godsmack's drummer is, don't worry. He fuckin' slammed. And i thought their last drummer was the best thing about them, live. But nope, don't miss him. Charlie Benante owned the night though. There's not many drummers on the planet that can play like that guy! People were like "holy shit!" with their mouthes wide open when they played Nobody Knows Anything. Anthrax's set wasn't as good as when I saw them with Priest last year, but considering the fact that it was for a TV show, I can't complain. Except for the fact that it didn't seem like it was filmed but with one fucking camera. the sets as best I can remember them: Anthrax:
Blues Brothers theme/Contact (intro, over PA)
What Doesn't Die
Got The Time
Safe Home
Caught In A Mosh
Inside Out
Nobody Knows Anything
Anti-Social
Only
Bring The Noise Godsmack:
Straight Out Of Line
Faceless
Keep Away
Bad Religion
Voodoo
The Awakening
Whatever
Awake
I Stand Alone that sounds about right...we all got free T-shirts on the way out though. so that was a bonus. A free show, and a free shirt. For anyone wondering, the shirt had the new Headbanger's Ball logo on the front, and on the back it had: 05.01.03
Godsmack logo
MTV2 logo
Anthrax logo
and then it says "THE BALL IS BACK ON MTV2 MAY 10TH" at the bottom. cool looking shirt. I met fellow Sludgeaholic Of The Month Jason Satterfield, and I believe Chantel was there too...
cool show for free, but it looks as if MTV fucked this up by putting minimal effort into it. They played videos over the screens to the sides, but didnt play their damn audio, it was different CDs over the PA...the thing that sucked the most was that Godsmack just QUIT playing after I Stand Alone and it was over. I was walking around and hanging out back in the back because I went to get a drink because it was fucking hot wearing 2 t-shirts (because I bought a new Anthrax shirt too), and when I went to go back down with my cousin Brent, security told me I couldn't go back down because it was too crowded and I had to wait on some people from the pit to come back up. but it ended like 5 minutes later anyway. just as it was getting good. But anyway while I was back there, Rob Caggiano (Anthrax's guitarist and producer) walked out and was hanging out and I talked to him for a minute, that was pretty cool.
Not a bad show for free, though. I Definatly won't be on camera, considering the fact that they probably only filmed the back of people's heads.
tick.jpg
here's what my ticket stub looks like. I'm a different number though, this is someone else's scan.