Anthrax and the History of Thrash Metal

Descendent

Aug 22, 2004
Elm Grove, WI
I was picking up Commando on DVD at Best Buy, and strolling past the Anthrax section, I found a compilation titled, "Anthrax and the History of Thrash Metal." It featured Anthrax, Overkill, and a bunch of other bands I can't recall. It had a picture of a SOWN-era Anthrax on the back. Has anyone else seen this?

Ive seen it before. Its some random compilation. I dont know if it has those audio tracks talking about the time period or not, but I have never really had the urge to buy it

Descendent said:
I was picking up Commando on DVD at Best Buy, and strolling past the Anthrax section, I found a compilation titled, "Anthrax and the History of Thrash Metal." It featured Anthrax, Overkill, and a bunch of other bands I can't recall. It had a picture of a SOWN-era Anthrax on the back. Has anyone else seen this?

Yeah, I´ve got it. It´s a 2cd box (from 2003, Recording Arts)

CD 1:

Anthrax - Bring The Noise
Apoptygma Berzerk - Nothing Else Matters
Hellsau - Master Of Puppets
Overkill - Necroshine
Testament - Down For Life
Anthrax - Potters Field
Damage Inc - Razed In Black
Paul Di´Anno - Phantom Of The Opera
Dragonlord - Unholyvoid
Die Krupps - Battery
Spew - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Anthrax - Ball Of Confusion

CD 2:

Testament - The Preacher
Stefan Elgram´s Full Strike - Force Of The World
Anthrax - Among The Living
Paul Di´Anno - Wrathchild
Crowbar - Planets Collide
Whiplash - Abaddon Of Venom
Birmingham 6 - Seek And Destroy
Enuff Z´Nuff - Frek
Dragonlord - Judgement Failed
Overkill - Deny The Cross
Anthrax - Antisocial
Ohgr - Minus

Ball of Confusion is featured on a History of Thrash Metal compilation??? That's a tad crap.

jpike said:
Bring tha noize is on a History of Thrash Metal compilation??? That a tad wrong!!

Yer, Bring the Noise is on it but Among the Living is not ??? Can't figure that out.

Actually Anthrax have also done 'thrashier' tracks than Antisocial as well....