Anthrax Headlining McAllen, TX

lupe_m said:
Motorhead has cancelled, but Anthrax will be headlining! This works out better for me because, I only wanted to see Anthrax. I hope they play a longer set since they will headline. Maybe, they'll play Lone Justice! :headbang:
Sweeet!!!! Maybe they will play longer!!!
I'm going to the show. Sounds like you are. A couple of my friends are too...I can't wait to go...I'm heading down from Washington State to that show...in case you missed my other posts that said I was...

washingon state to texas that sounds like a beatch of a journey whats the distance like for that. Anthrax headlining is far superior than being understudy to motorhead anyday. Their sound wont get fucked about with like what happened when i seen them supportiing motorhead

Nah, just some crazy ass flights...leave Portland at 6am, fly back from San Antonio is at 7:40am...oh well...no sleep for me after the concert...I've never been out of Washington, Oregon, Idaho. So this will be fun.

Hell yeah! I'm gonna go. I hope they do a longer set since they will not be opening for Motorhead, at least an hour and a half.

One thing that sucks is that this is the second cancellation this month by a metal band. Sepultura and Voivod were supposed to play together and Voivod cancelled. Sepultura still kicked ass! Now Motorhead has cancelled.

I know McAllen is not anywhere big on the map, but there are metal fans around here. Not only that, but it's right on the border and there is always fans from Mexico that come to the shows. I don't know why some bands cancel. I guess they think they are too big to play here.

Well, I am happy that Anthrax is headlining! METAL!!!!!! :headbang:

Ive done similar when i went to see (trying not to say it too loud) bon jovi. Got nailed forty quid (60 dollars or something) a go for the taxi from the airport to the venue both ways and to top it all had to sleep in the airport that night and i didnt have anything to drink.

Bon Jovi? WTF?
jk...whatever works? Right?

I think I'll sleep on the plane...so glad to be doing something bad ass this memorial day weekend.
Friend of mine is getting me backstage.

Hey, How is your friend gonna get you backstage? I want to take a picture with the band! I am trying to find out if there is a pass I can buy so I can take pics with the band after the show.

Does your friend work with the band?

:headbang:

lupe_m said:
Maybe, they'll play Lone Justice! !:headbang:

Now you're talkin! I like your style, lupe_m!!
And welcome to the board!!
headbob.gif

lupe_m said:
Why is it that you want them to play "Lone Justice?" It's a kick ass song, but is it that they have never played it?

!:headbang:

Yes.
They have not played it (well, maybe once).
It must be played!!

If "Lone Justice" gets enough support, I think they will play it.
Scott and Charlie both mention it in "Alpha Mail" and "Blast Beat".....

I'm going to see them in San Antonio and Killeen. I'm really glad they will headline in Killeen. Now I know why they are headlining there and not San Antonio. I'm glad to see at least one headlining performance from Anthrax.:)