wanted: Anthrax Headline Tour

Jono

Hail Satan!
Ok obviously Anthrax gets shit on all the time, This tour was much better than maximum rock, but think about it, two bands, and only 50 minutes of Anthrax. What the fuck is going on here???? I get so pissed when I see how Anthrax tries so hard and gets no credit. I realy realy want to see Anthrax Headline and play a fullfilling show. long you know? being 21 I kinda missed when Anthrax was in it's prime publicly (although musicaly I think they are in thier prime now.) so all I got was two shows where they hardly played at all, kick ass shows nonetheless. But it hurts when you pay just to see a certain band and they hardly play at all. And now it seems the live recording somehow went away. although no one knows why yet... Maybe Rob got put on probation for throwing that hot dog and had to be in at a certain time :)
but realy I would pay any amount of money to see Anthrax Headline. even $100. It would be worth it. And I read some posts that said, Superhero should get radio play, but shouldn't inside out as well? hell any of the new Anthrax songs wouldn't be too out of place on the radio. But still there's this force that holds the public to all this new shit Metal.
my rantiv two cents
-Jono-

I feel you mang! I myself have only seen Anthrax one time and they were the headliner's. But what happened is there were two crappy rap groups(I actually like Rap but these guys sucked), and then Primus played, and then Public Enemy was good. But because of the friggin curfew! Anthrax came on, and they were only allowed to play for just over a hour. All the other bands had been player for a hour and a half, and they weren't even the headliners! I think maybe I'll hire Anthrax for my wedding! Then I'll get to hear them for a couple of hours! Lol!

THEY WILL HEADLINE A WORLD TOUR...SOLD OUT...MILLIONS OF FANS...ANTHRAXTERIA WILL GRIP THE NATION...I FORESEE ALL OF THIS! ACTUALLY MUSICALLY THE BUSH ERA IS NOT ONLY JUST PLAIN BETTER, BUT ALSO RADIO FRIENDLY...THE ONLY REASON THEY ARENT POPULAR IS 2 REASONS 1. THEY HAVENT SOLD OUT...EVEN METALLICA DID(I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY WHEN I SAID THAT)2 THE ANTHRAX NAME CARRIES A CERTAIN "HAS BEEN " MANTRA FROM THE BELLADONNA YEARS THAT THEY CANT SHAKE...I SAY FUCK THE WORLD FOR NOT GIVING THESE GUYS A BREAK! I MEAN COME ON? WHATS THIS -NICKELBACK IN METAL EDGE? THEY'RE NOT METAL! ANTHRAX IS METAL.SLIPKNOTS EVERYWHERE...FIRST DISC GOOD, SECOND CORPORATE TRASH THAT MTV TELLS YOU TO BUY..THEYRE CORPORATE BUTT-BOYS! NOT ANTHRAX.IF THEY MAKE IT THIS YEAR OR NOT I WILL ALWAYS CONSIDER THEM #1 BECAUSE THEY ARE METAL.....IF METALLICA REDEEMS THEMSELVES WITH THIS NEW RECORD ID LIKE TO SEE A CO-HEADLINING TOUR W/ANTHRAX! ANYONE W/ ME ON THIS?:devil:

I may not be with you on them headlining with Metallica, but I was talking with a friend. hopefully for the new album they'll do a tour with Pantera. and split the bill because I'll be damned if pantera is going to be a bitch all of a sudden.
maybe it's good that Anthrax isn't as popular as they should be, this way they don't have big shot producers pushing them to sell out, but if rob were to stay the producer then maybe things could work out. maybe we should get people together in our areas to call the local stations and request that they play Inside Out. or any Anthrax for that matter, but I seriously think Inside Out is the most "radio" song. which I mean a s a compliment but only just in this case.
-Jono-

I cant understand how you can say that Metallica sold out but Anthrax didnt, Volume 8 is as much a commercial rock album as load is. Inside Out got considerable radio play all those years ago when the album came out. Big Fat Kill is the song radios should have played.

Wow greg, I think you've got yourself your very own fanboy.

Okay, I don't know what planet Inside Out was played on all the time, but I'd like to live there. I didn't hear one song from Vol 8 on the radio, on tv, NADA. i think I heard fueled a few times, but it was like the week before the show, and then after they left, so did fueled. But Metallica...I never thought I'd ever see the day where I would have to call them "radio-friendly," but I've been saying it for years now. It's sad.

As for Anthrax touring with them...eh. I mean, I'd go, obviously, but there's only one band on that particular bill I'd be really excited about.

Anthrax/Pantera would be cool, but since they already did it, it will probably be a while before it would happen again. They all seem to think we'll get bored. Personally, I think they should ALWAYS tour together.

Speaking of Pantera, their touring (and recording anytime soon) future looks bleak at the moment, according to their board. I haven't checked it in a couple weeks, but it sounds to me like it's gonna be a while before we can buy anything new, and even longer before we can catch a tour.

How about this tour:
Pantera
Slayer
& Anthrax ?

That would be the best thing since Clash of the Titans.

would be better than clash since all those bands are still succesfully heavy. not that I don't like megadeth anymore but the line up change kinda killed it for them. Hero sounds like they tried to go back to heavy roots, but something is just missing.
-Jono-
PS and they should all split the bill evenly.

PERSONALLY I'D LIKE TO SEE ANTHRAX W/ SLAYER OR MAYBE BIOHAZARD...EVEN THOUGH THEIR LAST GOOD EFFORT WAS NEW WORLD DISORDER....I ONLT MENTIONED METALLICA CUZ THEY HAVE A BOND W/ THEM FROM THE OLDEN DAZE AND I BELEIVE THEY COULD HELP ANTHRAX OUT BY TOURING....BUT ONLY IF THEY GO HEAVY AGAIN...I LIKE LOAD AND RE-LOAD BUT ONLY AS MUCH AS I LIKE OTHER MAINSTREAM CRAP AND THAT'S VERY LITTLE. METALLICA MADE THE MISTAKE OF BELEIVING THEIR OWN HYPE AFTER THE BLACK ALBUM...THEY TOOK THEIR FEW YEARS OFF AND CAME BACK THINKING THE WORLD WAS THEIR OYSTER AND THEY COULD GET ALL "ARTSY".YES BRAT I DO BELEIVE I HAVE A FANBOY/STALKER....PLEASE I'M JUST A MAN...DON'T WORSHIP ME!:lol: