Fueled
NFL
Only
-----
Be All, End All
Lone Justice (up to the second line)
Metal Thrashing Mad
Injuns

Shitty venue but great show. THEY PLAYED "LONE JUSTICE"!!! (up to the second line)

Crowd went nuts during "Got the Time," "Caught in a Mosh" and "Antisocial." Now you know why those two covers are still in the set.
They played "Be All, End All" in its entirity instead of cutting out before the "always taking, always faking" like they did on the Killer A's tour. It owned.

Scott went back to playing his solo in the intro of "Madhouse." I think he dropped that for a long time.

John remembered the words of "Black Lodge" this time. He dedicated "Refuse to Be Denied" to the soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
John's got a lot of balls. He took his shirt off and stuck his body into the crowd. And we wonder why musicians always get sick on the road!

They played the intro of "Lone Justice" which was, of course, the highlight of the night. Rob wasn't even on stage for that, which is strange since he played the intro solo in Chicago back in May. John actually sang the first two lines of it. John said they would play it at some point on the third US leg of the tour. Scott said they would do it on the Anthrax farewell tour presented by Gene Simmons. Funny shit. It would start next year and end in 2018. Scott said they can't afford to play it because Gene owns the rights to it. More funny shit.

Noticeably absent from the setlist was "One Man Stands."

They also didn't play "Bring the Noise." I thought the "encore" was great, so I didn't care.

Did I mention they played "LONE JUSTICE"???

i knew I could count on you for a full review.. Its kinda funny I brought up Lone Justice to Charlie last night and he was like I dont think we'll ever finish what we started here in Chicago, as in the rest of the song for those of you who werent here. I think he said that so i dident spoil it for Justin.. bye the way did he tell you I said whats up?...take care..

GREAT REVIEW!!! Thanks, looks like it'll be a killer show here in Detroit tonight ( if we can keep the lights on....WTF!!) I was shitting a brick that this "grid" thing would keep the fellas from playing Harpo's. This is Detroit Rock City though...maybe they'd do an acoustic set in the alley or something, then we'd all go for Coneys and to the Windsor "ballet" ....LMMFAO! Thanks again for the review...I will respond in kind as soon as i get up tomorrow. :worship:Ya know if they are gonna do covers I'd pass on Got The Time and throw in a Kiss or Trick song....just MHO>

It was great seeing Anthrax in such a small club. They were really, really, tight. We got a GOOD old fashioned circle pit going alll night. (Why wasn't Justin moshing hhhmmmm......) But I have a huge complaint. My buddys girl was thrown out for "crowd surfing." That was the gayest thing ever. Fuck the Al Rosa.

TD said:
It was great seeing Anthrax in such a small club. They were really, really, tight. We got a GOOD old fashioned circle pit going alll night. (Why wasn't Justin moshing hhhmmmm......) But I have a huge complaint. My buddys girl was thrown out for "crowd surfing." That was the gayest thing ever. Fuck the Al Rosa.

Because Justin's a pussy. Maybe in Cincy. (At least you got the setlist from me)
I was Scott's side and that was cool. John came over many times and ruled.
There was that one dumb girl that stood in front of Scott during "Antisocial." I'm glad they took her ass down. Ejection would have been too harsh though.

No one should get thrown out for crowd surfing and winding up on stage. Some asshole from behind threw her up there against her will. She felt bad. Not pissed at the venue or the band, but she felt really embarrased, and bad that we had to go out and take turns keeping her company, because we didn't want to leave her with all the other scumbags that got thrown out. If the Al Rosa didn't want people to wind up on stage, they should have put up a barricade. I don't think the band was aware that the people that wound up on stage were getting thrown out, because in the past (Cleveland 96) I saw a bouncer try to throw someone out for doing the same thing, and John Bush stopped mid song to make sure the bouncer left the people alone. It soured everyone's mood a little bit last night. But we are going to take her to Cincy Monday to make up for it. It kills me that something like this happened, because it may have been the best Anthrax show I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, for people wondering how small the venue/stage were, Charlies monumental drum set practically touched the stage lights. That was kind of cool though, it made his mammoth set seem that much more mammoth. Anthrax didn't have room for their new tapestry w/ the logo and cover art. They did have enough room for their scrims with the pentathrax logo, but they too almost touched the friggin't ceiling.

When and where did she end up on stage? I only recall one girl up on stage. I think it was during Caught in a Mosh or somewhere else close to the beginning. She jumped off right away. You're right. That's dumb. The fucking Flying Machine had better security at the stage than the Al Rosa.

That setlist was pretty badass, eh? No album left behind. (Not counting Killer B's as an album)

"SteveToTheBone: THERE'S TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THISE WORLD
SteveToTheBone: THE OUTLAWS AND THE LAWMEN THAT PREVEIL...
SteveToTheBone: AND WE'RE DONE.
Lone Justin: those who have seen Anthrax play lone justice
Lone Justin: and those who haven't
SteveToTheBone: drink a bucket of AIDS, justin. ..............."

well, make that 3 kinds....people like you who saw them play PART of the song, and people like me (who are far better) that saw them play the WHOLE song (L'amour 12/89). :p

jdelpi said:
When and where did she end up on stage? I only recall one girl up on stage. I think it was during Caught in a Mosh or somewhere else close to the beginning. She jumped off right away. You're right. That's dumb. The fucking Flying Machine had better security at the stage than the Al Rosa.

That setlist was pretty badass, eh? No album left behind. (Not counting Killer B's as an album)
She was thrown about mid-set. You'd think you wouldn't get thrown out for good. Whatever happened to "warnings." I can understand Anthrax not wanting people winding up on there equipment, but I'm quite sure that if they were aware people were being thrown out for good, they would've dissaproved. Also, if Anthrax didn't want people on stage, they (the alrosa) could've had staff up front to push them back out. It really pissed all us off.

Did she get on stage? There was a girl that ended right behind me in center stage. I was about two-three people back the whole show, anyway thats when I noticed they had a security guy in the pit. At least I think he was security. Big white guy with a beard. He grabed the girl, but I didn't watch what he did with her. Bogarts is a better place to see a show. I hope there is a good turn out being on a monday and all.
This show was great. I would just love to see even more stuff from the new album. Like Think about an End and Nobody Knows. I got Charlies drum stick. I also got the stick from Lacuna Coils drummer. I gave it to a girl that came with my friends though. I couldn't believe I got two sticks in one night. Even if it is a smallish place. After the show we hung out back and got Scotts autograph. Other than the drive it was a great night.

it sucks that anyone gets thrown outta shows other than total cock foreheads.

i thought it was standard practice for the bouncers to bring u down and take u too the side so u can join the pit again,it doesnt take much to get amongst the action when u are in th pit,people are constantly trying to lift u up.

mrthrax said:
it sucks that anyone gets thrown outta shows other than total cock foreheads.

i thought it was standard practice for the bouncers to bring u down and take u too the side so u can join the pit again,it doesnt take much to get amongst the action when u are in th pit,people are constantly trying to lift u up.
Every venue has different rules. MOst places just tkae you down and let you back in the pit.

Hey! My account has finally been reactivated. I posted one or two times a long time ago and it never let me again, I didn't know what was up! But anyway, the Columbus show was amazing. I've seen Anthrax four times in the past year and a half. I saw em opening for Priest in Columbus, and I saw them both times they were in Cleveland back in May of this year (Headbanger's Ball show, and two weeks later when they came back)....all 4 shows ruled, but I must say, the Columbus show kicked the shit out of all three of those. I think Anthrax now has the record for most times I've seen a band. I rarely have the cash to go to lots of shows, but when Anthrax is in Ohio, I just KNOW it's gonna be fucking killer, I am always there. Anyway, I was in the very middle right in front of John Bush for most of the show. I was one, sometimes two people back, wearing my Metal Sludge "Sex, Sludge, and Rock & Roll" shirt, which John Bush pointed out early in the show and pointed at his shirt and mouthed out "metal sludge!" I ran into Jason Satterfield again, as well as some other Sludgeaholics...I wish I would have known more who you guys were, I probably stood next to some of you for a lot of the show, after reading where some of you were standing. I just haven't been able to post here for awhile, I've always found threads I wanted to reply to, but my account wasn't activated for some reason.

Nope, I'm from about an hour north of Columbus. I was right in front of John Bush for almost the entire show. I got kicked in the head a bunch of times (actually I think someone's head collided with the back of mine, hurt like hell)...I was up front the entire time, except I had to get out of the crowd right before Madhouse, and went back down and took my spot back right when they started NFL.