anthrax in mexico city

scorcho

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2004
Does any1 knows the venue and date where anthrax are gonna play in Mx. City on march..? because in their site (anthrax.com) says 5th. march 2005, but in the ticketmaster web page says 8th march 2005 and in a diffrent venue... who has the right info..?

That is a good question.
Being from south Texas, I have been playing with the idea of skipping work to go to the show in Monterrey which according to the NFWS, will be on March 8th. I guess I will check out the ticketmaster site now. I will also be working on a baloney excuse so that I can get off of work. I would ask for it off, but my boss is not a fan of days off. So Mr. Wu....if you have any insights into the accuracy of the South American dates, I would be very grateful. And I am sure Scorcho would be too! :D
Thanks!

Bump!
Hey, I'm still planning to go to this thing, provided that there aren't any natural disasters or instellar wars or anything!
I'll bump this thread later too for any late breaking news.
What's up, Mr. Wu? I'll even settle for a "We don't plan things that far in advance."

Everyone post their best baloney excuses for missing work. I need a good one. :)

The first round of drinks is on me!! :kickass:

1. I got a cold\the flu - call in with a really good hangover so you sound like shit and make sure you smoked a couple cigarettes to roughen up your voice.

2. Tell your boss March has St Pat's Day and DD's B-day, so you should be able to take the whole month off.

3. Your Pet died.

4. The in-laws are in town and you need to shoot them

5. Scott Ian is God and he told me to go to Mexico.

I'm thinking of going too! I have family in Monterrey where I can stay at. I don't have a problem at work, as long as I submit a vacation request with enough time. I guess I'll be spending Spring Break in Monterrey when Anthrax plays there.

I am totally jealous, Lupe! I am thinking that if I apply myself, I can over come the whole work obstacle. I mean, hello?? This is Anthrax. I have never been to Monterrey, but as long as I can get a map I will be okay!

I'm liking the stories, DD! :tickled:

QUOTE=YourAuntieSocial]I am totally jealous, Lupe! I am thinking that if I apply myself, I can over come the whole work obstacle. I mean, hello?? This is Anthrax. I have never been to Monterrey, but as long as I can get a map I will be okay!

I'm liking the stories, DD! :tickled:
Monterry is a beautiful city, but the roads are really bad. There are always accidents there. Whenever I go there, I drive with both of my hands on the wheel. The area where Anthrax is gonna play is in the old part of the city. There are a bunch of clubs and bars in that area. It's called "Barrio Antiguo" I think. I've been there a couple of times to the bars. If you do go, go early because you are gonna have a hell of a time finding a parking space. Oh, and do get a map because the streets are all fucked up there.

OK. its gonna be in march 5th in monterrey, you should go! because the place where they're gonna play its really cool!, its a little place in the "barrio antiguo" area where you can have a realy good party! in mexico city's gonna be until ,arch 8th. so bad its gonna be tuesday, but as long as I have ears... anthrax gonna be playing on them!!!

Monterrey is on March 5th?? That is a Saturday, and I don't even have to work weekends! Hope the date doesn't change, because I will SOOO be there! Mostly what Lupe was saying was really bumming me out, because I don't want to have to wander into and older, run-down, area of town with bad roads. And yahoo maps doesn't do Mexico! Is it a nice area? Can I drink the water? (can't have liquor without ice you know) Is it too hard to find or is it on major maps? It is looking better for me making it to this show! Wooo!

Scott Ian is God and he told me to go to Mexico! I understand he will be appearing in a tortilla there!

YourAuntieSocial said:
Mostly what Lupe was saying was really bumming me out, because I don't want to have to wander into and older, run-down, area of town with bad roads.
Don't get me wrong, Monterrey is beautiful city. The place they are going to play is a hotspot for clubs and bars. It's in the older part of the city. The roads are in that area are not very wide and parking is hard to find. But it's not ugly. Also, since the show is on a Saturday night, the clubs and bars will be at full swing. So, if you go, get there early. 2 of my friends and I are planning on going. Even if they don't go, I will go. :headbang: I have family there and I can stay with them. I just hope they don't change the dates.

YourAuntieSocial said:
Hey, Lupe. Are you getting tickets online or is this a place where I might still be able to score tickets if I show up that day?
I'm not sure. It seems like a small place. I would want to purchase the tickets before the show, but as soon as I find out, I'll let you know. I found the web page for Iguana Cafe. They have some pics of the place. It doesn't seem to be a good place for a concert, at least, to me. Check it out.

http://www.cafeiguana.com.mx/fotosiguana.html